advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t keep using missing fans as an excuse though as it’s the same for every team/club.
Maybe there’s something deeper going on that’s led to the sudden drop in performance and energy levels?

Of course I can, it's clearly a significant factor, injuries and fatigue being the main reason for the drop off. The atmosphere at Anfield is world renowned and clearly gave the home team a significant advantage over most clubs. With VVD and Gomez missing (Matip/Lovren too) - the team can't hold such a high line effectively and thus are susceptible to a ball over the top - the players filling those positions aren't good enough, they're midfield players who break up play (Fabinho/Henderson/Keita/Wijnaldum). The chase begins up front and the efforts of Mane/Salah and Firmino are fruitless if the midfielders aren't there to pick up the scraps. Finally, it does look like TAA, Mane, Salah are shadows of their former selves and perhaps the CV they're suffered has taken something from them. Confidence has taken a hit but there's not much wrong with the team as the occasional result shows.. they need rest cleary and if they can resist Leipzig next week before the international break then might still have a say in where 'big ears' ends up?

I said it's a factor not the main one!

Utd have been poor at home this season, excellent away from the results... City won't notice the crowd not being there as they were silent anyway if memory serves me right, not counting the times it was piped in for UCL games! ;)

I said it's a factor not the main one!

Utd have been poor at home this season, excellent away from the results... City won't notice the crowd not being there as they were silent anyway if memory serves me right, not counting the times it was piped in for UCL games! ;)

And I was starting to feel sorry for your club and it’s current plight but then you go and type that!

You do know it's easy to go off people... ;)

Last edited:
Usual bullshit.
City have full attendances for every premier league game when crowds are allowed.
As for chumps league, we just don’t find it that important seeing as teams that haven’t been champions in decades are allowed in.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, just listen to @Bob McC and @lordsummit when it comes to football talk.:)

Every team is liable to injuries. Liverpool has had two lucky years, I’m not surprised they had a bad spell, I t’s really difficult to win back to back titles. Personally I’m amazed the difference Dias has made to us, I always thought Kompany was the one, but everyone else around him Dias has flourished. Witness the renaissance of John Stones. One game at a time though...

Every team is liable to injuries. Liverpool has had two lucky years, I’m not surprised they had a bad spell, I t’s really difficult to win back to back titles. Personally I’m amazed the difference Dias has made to us, I always thought Kompany was the one, but everyone else around him Dias has flourished. Witness the renaissance of John Stones. One game at a time though...

Jeez that’s a word salad. Too much lager and David Bowie. I’m off to bed :cool:

Maybe you’re luck with Dias, Stones, Cancello will run out next season then?

To be fair, we had a miserable time last season, partly self inflicted, and partly through injuries. Laporte, Sane, Aguero and De Bruyne. Hopefully we’ve covered our defensive positions now, and we seem to be doing ok without a striker. Wouldn’t mind having one next year though.

To be fair, we had a miserable time last season, partly self inflicted, and partly through injuries. Laporte, Sane, Aguero and De Bruyne. Hopefully we’ve covered our defensive positions now, and we seem to be doing ok without a striker. Wouldn’t mind having one next year though.

Plus our ‘VVD’ had retired. It was a lean time compared to the previous 2 seasons but we still finished 2nd and won a cup. I admit I wondered if Pep had run his course after the Lyon CL game but he’s rebuilt this team. If we go on to win the PL AND the CL (doubtful) I think it’ll be his best work as a manager so far.

I think just an improvement in the CL would be good. I’d hope for Semi-Finals, they’re a young side, plenty of time to grow. The way they’re playing though anything could happen. Probably lose the derby on Sunday, crash out to BMG, and let Leicester past to win the league now we’re all bigging them up.

You should win the quadruple unless Pep has another brain fart like the Lyon game, most of the other teams in the UCL can’t defend & that tends to be the decider I feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back