advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good pick, but I think Rodri instead of Aguero. Play with a false nine. I suspect that’s pretty much where he’ll go unless he puts Laporte in at LB to make a three and let’s Stones and Cancelo outnumber them completely in midfield. Should be interesting.

You probably right. Strange to say that they adapted so well to not having a recognised striker for so long now they actually look better without one. Well, until Sergio gets up to speed anyway. Still think we’ll need if we’re to get any further in the champions league. Especially if we win a penalty.

are we almost at the stage when we were 25 points ahead of the rest and others were calling for the season to be scrapped because of the pandemic?

It won’t be bringing you Champions League football if you carry on losing games. Maybe that’s the plan, forget any European football so you can concentrate on the Premier League?

I'm sure that isn't the plan but we're well short atm and with no european footie as a distraction (significant loss of income) the EPL is a possibility when crowds return?

:)
This season has been terrible for all football IMO.
It just feels so sterile without the crowd.
I feel we need a new season which starts out with some level of supporters at least.

I was only making a joke at Liverpool’s current form. :)

Yeah, obviously the sport (all sport) needs it’s fans back as soon as it’s safe to do so. Trust me, I’m not enjoying the current situation from a personal and professional level at all. :(

I was only making a joke at Liverpool’s current form. :)

Yeah, obviously the sport (all sport) needs it’s fans back as soon as it’s safe to do so. Trust me, I’m not enjoying the current situation from a personal and professional level at all. :(
We follow LFC here, and go to as many games as possible ... mostly European and the cups - where tickets could be had. I was more the chauffeur really, and could watch the team in a fairly dispassionate manner.

I didn't realize how much the atmosphere was important to me. The only interest I had this season was when it was looking like a genuine 4 way race for the title, earlier on. The EPL is crying out for a tight contest again, between a number of teams.

We follow LFC here, and go to as many games as possible ... mostly European and the cups - where tickets could be had. I was more the chauffeur really, and could watch the team in a fairly dispassionate manner.

I didn't realize how much the atmosphere was important to me. The only interest I had this season was when it was looking like a genuine 4 way race for the title, earlier on. The EPL is crying out for a tight contest again, between a number of teams.

It is a tight competition - for the race to finish behind City!

Liverpool walked the title last year as City fell away after the best title race the year before when there was nothing between the two teams and both playing at level way beyond the rest. They pushed us all the way and then some. We lost our biggest player the season after and just couldn’t maintain the previous seasons levels but still managed to win a cup and finish 2nd. I had Liverpool to win this season but smarter people than me like Bob & Lord Summit predicted Liverpool would suffer with injuries and struggle.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, just listen to @Bob McC and @lordsummit when it comes to football talk.:)

Nah, real football talk is about the local teams much lower down. I won't mention his name, but one of the players for our local team has put up a signed shirt; a treasured possession; up for sale. Reason? He needs the money to pay the bills.

That's what it is like for many footballers outside the prima donnas in the Prem.
I hear Fernandez is set for a £100K a week rise. What on earth? How do we justify that in these times?

Nah, real football talk is about the local teams much lower down. I won't mention his name, but one of the players for our local team has put up a signed shirt; a treasured possession; up for sale. Reason? He needs the money to pay the bills.

That's what it is like for many footballers outside the prima donnas in the Prem.
I hear Fernandez is set for a £100K a week rise. What on earth? How do we justify that in these times?

If that is Bruno Fernandes then he is on something like £75k-£100k/week at the moment. Uniteds wage structure is all over the place, with Sanchez gone and possibly DeGea and Pogba out in the next year or so it will come down a lot. Somehow we offered Phil Jones and Rojo £100k/week to sit on the injury table.

If that is Bruno Fernandes then he is on something like £75k-£100k/week at the moment. Uniteds wage structure is all over the place, with Sanchez gone and possibly DeGea and Pogba out in the next year or so it will come down a lot. Somehow we offered Phil Jones and Rojo £100k/week to sit on the injury table.
Ridiculous money.
And I'd include anyone in LFC earning over 6 figures per week, for balance.
Many other entertainers have not been able to earn during the pandemic. Footballers are lucky in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back