advertisement

New Naim management and products

Yes you can discuss management, Snaic cables, Avondale, EWA, Uniti issues and more NOT

Maybe its a problem for you we are not all UK first speaking.?

You cannot discuss Avondale because Les W has requested so.

You can discuss SNAICS but not modifying them or using third-party FAIC SNAICS.

Unit issues can be discussed.

I've no idea what EWA is.

Given that it's a manufacturer's forum it is exceedingly generous in what is allowed.

I certainly did. I have about 6 cds and 4 lps of Schostakovich and the 8th was not in my collection but familiar from R3. I shall be returning to it many times, though mostly when SWMBO is out as she was not keen!
Glad you liked it.Now you need to hear the Mravinsky live 8th on BBC Legends. So on their toes they practically fall over. A different league and a performance that will live in your veins forever.As much as I love the performance and sound of the Haitink, it’s the Mravinsky that stuns me performance wise.You may know it.If you don’t, listen. Also his Tchaikovsky.

Thanks, will investigate these. And, to make it on topic, I'll be listening on my mix of Olive and Black. My 135s will be going to Darran at Class A as soon as I can justify driving there as they need another service.

I wonder with the traditional 10 % April price rise hike on product the new owners will go for 15 - 20 % ?

I believe we will face a generel price increase throughout the market due to Covid issues.
Harbeth have just announced 10%

Some companies do go on to flourish after such changes.
Kef have gone from strength to strength over the past 20 years since being bought by Goldpeak, and Cambridge Audio as part of IAG, and of course Quad.

With that in mind lets wish them well.

I read most of that Naim thread and it is extraordinary that none of the fans seem to remember that some of the best Naim design of the late 1980s was done by a Frenchman...
vLQdeCN2K8AhCy68G6S8Sa-320-80.jpg

aro-tonearm-1024x392.jpg

In fairness the bits of the speakers that actually worked were designed by Peter Walker in 1957!

A mate heard one of them working and said it was fantastic but that most people only heard them one at a time while they repaired which ever other one was broken

I am of the fans who believed that the heart & soul of Naim died with JV's demise. I expressed my view when he died and got berated for it.

The problem is not that Naim is foreign or french owned. The problem is that Naim is private equity-owned. Private equity funds are never long term players and customers are only important to the extent that they help generate strong short term profits...A few years ago, I expressed this view on this very forum and accordingly got castigated for it by certain Naim fanboys.

So I am not surprised at the pleasant turn of events and the soothing sounds made by the sheep over at the other forum trying to reassure themselves.

I believe we will face a generel price increase throughout the market due to Covid issues.
Harbeth have just announced 10%

Good grief, as if the recent price increase wasn't ridiculous enough! If true, that will make the P3ESR XD around £2,800. Cyrus has also announced a very big price increase with their 'new' range; there's no doubt about it, the declining market (in unit volume) is causing big price rises in order to maintain overall profit.

advertisement

Back