advertisement

New Naim management and products

There's a lot of discussion on the Naim forum, with the usual split of "It's the end of life as we know it" and "it will take Naim to new heights", and is coupled with the change of dealerships in Aus & NZ that generated so much negativity from folks in that part of the world that the moderator shut down the thread

Does anyone know anything more about what happened over in New Zealand. It seems Chris Murphy, the distributor of the last 30 years, is being dropped.

Maybe this is so they can open a "Focal powered by Naim" physical store?

I understand Chris is an accomplished Naim Service and Repair Engineer too and people over that neck of the woods have been getting products serviced prematurely to ensure they are not left high and dry. It could mean that Chris has to set himself up in a Witch Hat type of outfit - extremely experienced and capable, but not Naim "official".

Maybe this is so they can open a "Focal powered by Naim" physical store?

That concept seem to be their latest attempt, buying out large distributors and run luxury physical stores.

Recall B&O did something similar with little success I believe, maybe Focal have better luck.

That concept seem to be their latest attempt, buying out large distributors and run luxury physical stores.

Recall B&O did something similar with little success I believe, maybe Focal have better luck.

I remember a few of the B&O stores and that was the model that popped into my head too. If it's true, I can understand customers and loyal distributors being unhappy with this approach. Sure Naim/Focal might control a bigger slice of the profits cake, but at what potential cost?

I remember a few of the B&O stores and that was the model that popped into my head too. If it's true, I can understand customers and loyal distributors being unhappy with this approach. Sure Naim/Focal might control a bigger slice of the profits cake, but at what potential cost?

Short term max profit is the concept, later potential damage doesn't worry investors much, as they usually sell on the business after a "milking the cow" period.

Yep.
SNIP

Mission statement:
"Focal Powered by Naim luxury" stores give you access to an unrivalled sound offering by combining complementary acoustic and electronic solutions from Focal and Naim Audio. Aligned with the values of both brands, these stores are experiential and luxurious, with a global outlook."

SNIP

A cynical sort of person might hypothesise that this is the start of a rebranding exercise, and that in a couple of years the "powered by Naim" bit will disappear.

'Focal Electronics'... or 'Focal', for short? :rolleyes:

:(

advertisement

Back