advertisement

New Naim management and products

It remains a fact, that there are plenty of folks like me who remain big fans of the classic Naim era products; I myself have NAC12/22/42.5/102, NAP120/250, Hi-Cap, Aro, but things move on and Naim aren't going to get fat on the likes of me. A majority of the older equipment is still serviceable by Naim.

I was amused though, to discover that you can now buy a Naim branded memory stick, for approximately three times the cost of a regular one!

Last edited:
The Naim USB stick aesthetically matches the product it will be used with, hence the premium.

The OCD market is significant.

I'm surprised we haven't already seen a range of Naim or Focal Active Speakers with built-in amplification. The two brands would perfectly complement each other in that regard and they could even use the "Focal powered by Naim" logo. A pure Naim Uniti Preamp/Streamer could be at the core. Much of modern living space is very compact nowadays, so space is at a premium for multiple boxes and speakers. The two brands really need to make the most of each other.

I'm surprised we haven't already seen a range of Naim or Focal Active Speakers with built-in amplification. The two brands would perfectly complement each other in that regard and they could even use the "Focal powered by Naim" logo. A pure Naim Uniti Preamp/Streamer could be at the core. Much of modern living space is very compact nowadays, so space is at a premium for multiple boxes and speakers. The two brands really need to make the most of each other.

There you go... in a bit smaller scale to start with!
bqzJegM.jpg

This image slipped up from Focal when introducing their Clear MG headphones. It's now referred to as the "image/product that doesn't exist" in the Naim Forum ;). It aligns with rumors regarding an integrated Streamer/Headphone amplifier. Not sure if it will have a line-out or a pre-amp out in the back.
  • If it has a line-out, it kind of competes with the Focal Arche (€2500) but with a streamer on top of it.
  • If it has pre-amp out, I guess it counts as the replacement of NACn-172 XS, given that I don't foresee any slimline cases with the new style.
  • If it has a digital-out, it might also pass as the shoebox Naim Transport I have been waiting for to give life to my nDAC (although I guess a lot of its functionality will then be wasted)...

@sihctr It looks like somebody mistakenly let the cat out of the bag!

It might just be a new Uniti range of products, unless Naim decide to adopt that case format for all new products?

@sihctr It looks like somebody mistakenly let the cat out of the bag!

It might just be a new Uniti range of products, unless Naim decide to adopt that case format for all new products?

I'm pretty sure the "Triptych" design has had its run and after 20 years it will be updated to the new style one way or another. At the moment the bottom (muso, Uniti) and the top (Statement) have the new style, it's time everything in between gets aligned. Rumors say 2021/2022 will be the time for this.

advertisement

Back