advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boardwalk Empire - excellent, bit brutal (it is Scorsese after all) but good stuff. Can't imagine a Soprano or Wire fan not enjoying it. I liked Breaking Bad but Better Call Saul is so much better imo.

Just watched The 12th Man, on Netflix. Excellent, harrowing true story of perseverance and bravery.

For those on another thread on here suggesting memorials to those who served and sacrificed be consigned to history, I say bollocks. Fimlms, and the accompanying true stories, should serve as a stark reminder of how fragile things can be.

Sopranos has an amazing cast, nearly every character is believable & fits perfectly. However, I am also rewatching it & find the plot quite repetitive; it is still better than most things though.
We watched The Godfather I,II and III directors cut back to back recently, absolutely magnificent. Perhaps nowadays it would have been a series, and it would be quite watchable as such. Add in Once Upon a Time in America and you’re done.

We watched The Godfather I,II and III directors cut back to back recently, absolutely magnificent. Perhaps nowadays it would have been a series, and it would be quite watchable as such. Add in Once Upon a Time in America and you’re done.
Goodfellas & Meanstreets. Oh, & Millers Crossing.

The final season of Homeland has just surfaced on Netflix. Rather far-fetched at times, but Claire Danes does a fine rendition of genius and madness being separated by a hair-line, and Mandy Patinkin is equally excellent as her handler/father confessor/sort-of guardian angel.

The final season of Homeland has just surfaced on Netflix. Rather far-fetched at times, but Claire Danes does a fine rendition of genius and madness being separated by a hair-line, and Mandy Patinkin is equally excellent as her handler/father confessor/sort-of guardian angel.
I enjoyed all the seasons, thought it ended well

Always been a fan of George A. Romero and his ‘Dead’ series of films.

Just caught up with Land Of The Dead (2005) on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_Dead

It has been a while since a film made me jump, but this did it.

I also did laugh a couple of times, but not many. Plenty of grade A gore in typical Romero fashion.

Dennis Hopper plays it straight.

A quick 90 minutes. Great stuff.

The Wife is working so hasn’t seen it, absolutely not a film she would enjoy.
(if it was a comedy gore horror, then she would be fine with it o_O)

Always been a fan of George A. Romero and his ‘Dead’ series of films.

Just caught up with Land Of The Dead (2005) on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_Dead

It has been a while since a film made me jump, but this did it.

I also did laugh a couple of times, but not many. Plenty of grade A gore in typical Romero fashion.

Dennis Hopper plays it straight.

A quick 90 minutes. Great stuff.

The Wife is working so hasn’t seen it, absolutely not a film she would enjoy.
(if it was a comedy gore horror, then she would be fine with it o_O)
Good movie seen it a few times, fan of John Leguizamo - he was brill as the clown in Spawn and the garage owner in John Wick.

Good movie seen it a few times, fan of John Leguizamo - he was brill as the clown in Spawn and the garage owner in John Wick.

I will watch it again within the year. I will also recommend it to the kids, they will love it, the daughter in particular.

I used to watch a lot of this type of film, but The Wife doesn’t dig them.
Strangely, Zombieland (2009) we have seen a few times. That added comedy element makes all the difference.

I will watch it again within the year. I will also recommend it to the kids, they will love it, the daughter in particular.

I used to watch a lot of this type of film, but The Wife doesn’t dig them.
Strangely, Zombieland (2009) we have seen a few times. That added comedy element makes all the difference.
Love Zombieland, Woody cracks me up, the sequel was OK but not as good like pretty much all sequels.

TV Shows on Netflix you might like - iZombie. Santa Clarita Diet - Drew Barrymore is fab. Z Nation is kinda bad but good. Korean series Kingdom is excellent. Spent a long while driving a bed or wheelchair, much better now but I think I more or less watched Netflix - the whole thing, I even watched Marie Kondo the tidying up series and organised my sock drawer :)

Love Zombieland, Woody cracks me up, the sequel was OK but not as good like pretty much all sequels.

TV Shows on Netflix you might like - iZombie. Santa Clarita Diet - Drew Barrymore is fab. Z Nation is kinda bad but good. Korean series Kingdom is excellent. Spent a long while driving a bed or wheelchair, much better now but I think I more or less watched Netflix - the whole thing, I even watched Marie Kondo the tidying up series and organised my sock drawer :)

I don’t watch TV series. Cannot remember what is happening. Often they are never ending, gets on my pip. Did like The Mandalorian, each episode like a contained film. Plus we watched the lot in one go :)

Plus, on the whole I would rather be listening to music. The Wife would watch TV till it comes out of her ears. Films are something we both like. (she studied Film Noir at some point at Uni, )

I tended to binge entire series in one go when I couldn't sleep long on a bad day, was like a super long movie. Got Mandalorian S2 to watch, S1 was good but overhyped imho.

I Care a Lot, Mark Kermode’s film of the week starring a malevolent Rosalind Pike is on Amazon.
Watched it last night. Really good noir film, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I may have already mentioned this but ‘I care a lot’ is excellent on Prime & Netflix I believe. I am really enjoying the Jack Ryan series on Prime, it is all kinds of wrong but excellent cast & is quite gripping.

Delighted to hear that our short 'Nocturne' has been selected in the best short category at April Film Threat's Awards - based on reviews of over 2500 independent films.. I've been offered a seat at the awards but would have to quarantine both in Hollywood before the event then here on the return journey. Chuffed to have made the final 7 but will have to give this a pass I think?

https://filmthreat.com/news/present...rB2xgfARsr6a_0Gf78m2feTd_OotxKFQr4V36wUzkoU10

https://filmthreat.com/reviews/nocturne/

I just watched Westworld season 3 on Netflix and to be honest I’m none the wiser afterwards, lots of laughs. It’s probably supposed to be intelligent writing but when a character falls away and a new copy of that one can be fired up at will it seems to be a nonsense of what you were supposed to take in before that. Probably just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back