advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No children allowed;)

Sadly not unsupervised, no. This room is so tiny and so crammed full of stuff, and the the younger children so young that it would be pretty much impossible for a child to spend 5 minutes alone in here without either breaking something or hurting themselves, and probably both.

One day I'll have a bigger room and so need to find another excuse. ;)

Can I ask how you get on with bluetooth and vinyl? I've been looking at getting into speakers like that but unsure how to deal with records.

it's ok... i mean i'm not using it for critical listening and you could suggest that bluetooth doesnt have the resolution capability of a direct connection. But i'd suggest that Vinyl doesn't actually have sufficient bandwidth or resolution anyway, no matter how much its chief advocates argue otherwise.

it's ok... i mean i'm not using it for critical listening and you could suggest that bluetooth doesnt have the resolution capability of a direct connection. But i'd suggest that Vinyl doesn't actually have sufficient bandwidth or resolution anyway, no matter how much its chief advocates argue otherwise.

Thank you.

Loosing track now, has the other gear gone?

Yeah a near total change bar the speaker and cables:

System:
Aavik U-300
Speakers: (DIY) VOLT BM228.8 / ScanSpeak D2905/990000
Speaker stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: SEAC Triple-C SPC-850
USB cable: SEAC Triple-C SUS-380

Roon & Network:
ROCK: Intel NUC i7 BXNUC10I7FNK2: 16GB RAM 256GB MVMe SSD
Storage: QNAP TS-251+: 8GB RAM 2x 2TB SSDs
Switch: NETGEAR ProSafe GS105

Mains:
LPSU: HD Plex 300W
Cables: Neotech NEP-4003 / MS-HD

Yeah a near total change bar the speaker and cables:

System:
Aavik U-300
Speakers: (DIY) VOLT BM228.8 / ScanSpeak D2905/990000
Speaker stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: SEAC Triple-C SPC-850
USB cable: SEAC Triple-C SUS-380

Roon & Network:
ROCK: Intel NUC i7 BXNUC10I7FNK2: 16GB RAM 256GB MVMe SSD
Storage: QNAP TS-251+: 8GB RAM 2x 2TB SSDs
Switch: NETGEAR ProSafe GS105

Mains:
LPSU: HD Plex 300W
Cables: Neotech NEP-4003 / MS-HD
Didn't you recently swap Audionet for something else? Looks a really neat amp though, all you ever need really.

Yes it is indeed everything i'll need for the foreseeable, its got one of THE best DAC and phonostages in the world. Its a Class D amp so super efficient 300w@8ohms/600w@4ohms.
Always wondered about these - scared away due to high price of entry though. Congrats on getting one - be keen on some updates down the line as to how you have found it!

I like the rothko mini-paintings! The amp, is it the 300? Also, what did you move from?

Yes it is the U-300, 6 weeks ago i had an audionet DNA 2.0, then for a few weeks i had a Vitus RD-100/RS-100 pre/power.

The U-300 is not run in yet (new old demo stock) but already kicks the other systems into the long grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back