advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this thread - but does anyone else experience listening room envy whilst seeing the posts??
No, but I do wonder at how people get so much equipment into the average tiny listening rooms seen on here.

I'm lucky enough to have the hi-fi in a 33m2 space organized around the hi-fi rather than the dining table or seating :) We just move an armchair or two and unstack the two coffee tables when we have people round. No tv to get in the way either :) A rug-free space too since I had the ceiling treated :)

Love this thread - but does anyone else experience listening room envy whilst seeing the posts??
Nope, I have what I have. I work on the rule of diminishing returns for hifi, start near the bottom of the range and stay there... Naim is very good at laying out the upgrade path, I just ignore it. My only deviation was a pair of restored Tannoy Cheviot speakers, see avatar, that are superb!

So you didn't use amazon basics for your interconnects and speaker cable huh? A grave error (not)
Great system and fantastic to see Chillhop featured. One of my faves!

Cables is the biggest issue for me... to get them right without spending fortune...Wanted to use as cheapest good sounding cables I could.

For instance, speaker cable. Started with TQ black, than much better LS25, and than cheap Hitachi SSX102 which was so much smoother comparing to pervious ones. I tried QSX102 - another old cable imported from Japan for less than £100 and again, sounded better - more bottom end than SSX. I am afraid to try expensive speaker cables haha. And this is also the reason why I am changing power amp for monoblocks. To shorten speaker cable length for future upgrade. Not in the mood to spend £1000++ on those.
But... already earlier got used Transparent Ref XL, which was better than normal Transparent Ref - this one had loose lower end (shocking for the price). Mogami cables were very thin and harsh compering to those.

But the biggest surprise were power cables. Standard cables sound harsh at the top with too much bottom end. This creates very unattractive tiring sound. Upgrade to DIY Furutech cables gives so much improvement that I do not understand how I could enjoy my system before o_O

I do when I see a big Sugden integrated and/or BBC inspired speakers such as Graham and the likes !
Nevertheless, when I listen to my music and get in a good mood, I feel very satisfied with what I have.

But the biggest surprise were power cables. Standard cables sound harsh at the top with too much bottom end. This creates very unattractive tiring sound. Upgrade to DIY Furutech cables gives so much improvement that I do not understand how I could enjoy my system before o_O

I'm glad I have passed this stage to audio nirvana. Nowadays I choose to believe that a power cable cannot make a difference to the sound. It's just our mind playing tricks with us.

We really need an irony smiley. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I have passed this stage to audio nirvana. Nowadays I choose to believe that a power cable cannot make a difference to the sound. It's just our mind playing tricks with us.

I made power cables myself. To limit cost and to check how much (if any) difference there is. Boy... I was surprised.

I chose to experiment, not to really on fait or forum's keyboard punchers.

I made power cables myself. To limit cost and to check how much (if any) difference there is. Boy... I was surprised.

I chose to experiment, not to really on fait or forum's keyboard punchers.
Can you start a new thread about this if it is important to you please? Please keep on topic in this thread. Derailing it with unnecessary commentary would be a pity.

Can you start a new thread about this if it is important to you please? Please keep on topic in this thread. Derailing it with unnecessary commentary would be a pity.

I did not start. I just showed my system and shared experience. I am allowed to replay to comments to my post.

Tell me, what your post add too this topic?

Only in very few systems posted as the majority seem to pay homage to the "more/bigger hifi is better" theory, I like my system to be as simple/cost effective and uncomplicated as possible whilst treating my listening space/room as primarily the most important element of my system, living alone I can thankfully do whatever I like with room treatments without having to compromise with regard to a partners wishes. One element of viewing this thread that "floats my boat" is seeing the vast array of esoteric hifi equipment that is out there and I can only stare slack jawed at the expense of some of it, coming from an engineering/design perspective I love looking at well designed and engineered products whether they be hifi, bikes, cars,furniture,houses etc...etc but ultimately function will always trump form for me.

And here are my creations I am proud off.

furu1.jpg

furu2.jpg

furu3.jpg
furu4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back