advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot "Leave won, gerroverit" but otherwise not bad.

Still, at least there will be work for Portaloo installers on the M20. Has Boris worked out which of his party donors is getting that one yet?
A queue of shitehouses to provide the shitehouses?

Before the remainer clearances last December Hilary Ben would as regular as clockwork get up and do a remainer speech, the first couple of times it was worth listening too but after a while there was nothing new and the speeches lost their effect. The SNP are heading down that road which is fine as long as they deliver on their devolved responsibilities and their supporters continue to want independence. When the covid money runs out there are hard times ahead and nobody to blame but the SNP when the council tax is increased.
I fully expect to pay more tax in an independent Scotland. I believe in supporting public services. After all you are going to be in this position shortly. As you’re fond of saying, Mr. Sunak has no magic money tree. While we’re on the subject, there’s something grimly reductive and parochial about much of what you post.

While we’re on the subject, there’s something grimly reductive and parochial about much of what you post.
Is that not the definition of most Brexiteers view on stuff in this thread? I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The magic tree thingy is just such an inane way to present economics especially when everybody knows how heavily borrowed the UK are and how much more is going to be needed.

The ultimate keyboard warrior man is so completely devoid of self awareness it is embarrassing. I suggested a long time ago best to ignore the gruesome twosome. There is just no joined up thinking and no ability to even hold a discussion about the topic. Once it reaches the point that explanation and detail are needed the 'tough' stuff dribbles out incessantly. I think he could go on for years with the same banal couple of one or two liners.

One can see how you ask for a full on Brexit. If ever a pair deserved the full gammon Brexit these lads have well earned it.

A queue of shitehouses to provide the shitehouses?
Don’t mock, the portaloo contract will be mega. Could be a private yacht and a boob job for the mistress. JCB will be tendering to supply for the four miles of pit latrines to back up the two dozen portaloos at £150k a piece.

Before the remainer clearances last December Hilary Ben would as regular as clockwork get up and do a remainer speech, the first couple of times it was worth listening too but after a while there was nothing new and the speeches lost their effect. The SNP are heading down that road which is fine as long as they deliver on their devolved responsibilities and their supporters continue to want independence. When the covid money runs out there are hard times ahead and nobody to blame but the SNP when the council tax is increased.

Hilary's dad saw straight through the EU fog.

What's wrong with the boy?

I fully expect to pay more tax in an independent Scotland. I believe in supporting public services. After all you are going to be in this position shortly. As you’re fond of saying, Mr. Sunak has no magic money tree. While we’re on the subject, there’s something grimly reductive and parochial about much of what you post.
I fully expect you to be paying more tax in Scotland but there will be no independence. Sunak will borrow and no doubt post covid measures will be put in place for recovery and he is able to do that because he has control. The EU do not appear to be able to achieve a covid spending and recovery plan.

I fully expect you to be paying more tax in Scotland but there will be no independence. Sunak will borrow and no doubt post covid measures will be put in place for recovery and he is able to do that because he has control. The EU do not appear to be able to achieve a covid spending and recovery plan.
It’s a miserablist’s Brexit you offer. There’s no apparent merit in it, just a pointing away to other countries and that grinding ‘spend a penny, save a penny’ calculus you reduce life to. What’s all that about?

Is that not the definition of most Brexiteers view on stuff in this thread? I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The magic tree thingy is just such an inane way to present economics especially when everybody knows how heavily borrowed the UK are and how much more is going to be needed.

The ultimate keyboard warrior man is so completely devoid of self awareness it is embarrassing. I suggested a long time ago best to ignore the gruesome twosome. There is just no joined up thinking and no ability to even hold a discussion about the topic. Once it reaches the point that explanation and detail are needed the 'tough' stuff dribbles out incessantly. I think he could go on for years with the same banal couple of one or two liners.

One can see how you ask for a full on Brexit. If ever a pair deserved the full gammon Brexit these lads have well earned it.
There is nothing wrong with using the magic money tree and the UK is no different. I don't know whether the UK will be keeping repayments off the books until 2027 but what we do know is we will only be paying off the money the UK borrowed which sounds fair to me. The UK must not hold back the great strides needed to achieve a federal USE.

There is nothing wrong with using the magic money tree and the UK is no different. I don't know whether the UK will be keeping repayments off the books until 2027 but what we do know is we will only be paying off the money the UK borrowed which sounds fair to me. The UK must not hold back the great strides needed to achieve a federal USE.

Ok using your logic the same I assume applies to any part of the UK that requires more support. Are you happy then to pay more tax to fund a magic money tree bridge from Scotland to NI? Will you pay more to invest in Wales and NI all from the magic money tree?

Ok using your logic the same I assume applies to any part of the UK that requires more support. Are you happy then to pay more tax to fund a magic money tree bridge from Scotland to NI? Will you pay more to invest in Wales and NI all from the magic money tree?
Why should there be a problem with investment in the UK if it is viable? Is the Boris bridge possible or viable?

Closet Remoaner alert-

“The governor of the Bank of England, Andrew Bailey, has warned that the economic cost of a no-deal Brexit would be bigger in the long term than the damage caused by Covid-19.

Bailey said failure to agree to a deal before the Brexit transition expires at the end of December would cause disruption to cross-border trade and damage the goodwill between London and Brussels needed to build a future economic partnership”.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-england-governor-says?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It’s a miserablist’s Brexit you offer. There’s no apparent merit in it, just a pointing away to other countries and that grinding ‘spend a penny, save a penny’ calculus you reduce life to. What’s all that about?
Hard times ahead; from stock market page:
That link to Farage article sums up what I've been crapping in about for months...the shite has barely started...

"Ironically, the debt problems are only likely to become evident once the world thinks it has a recovery underway. That’s true for several reasons.

It’s when governments will reduce support for the economy and debt markets.

Central banks will begin to worry about inflation and wonder if they should raise rates.

Banks will to make money and end their deferral and assistance policies.

At this point, the fallout of the past year will become evident. And a debt crisis, if it does happen, will strike."

That's why it gets real once the vaccines come. The government's no longer have a remit to spend your kids future tax revenue NOW

Positive effects No 994....strong rumours Nissan are giving Sunderland the big E. Probably to move somewhere where the workforce aren't such a self-embarrassment.
Edit...Ahh, see Mondie has already flagged this up.

IDS is contradicting the Governor of the BoE and saying no deal is still better than ‘a bad deal’. Well said Mr.Smith- clean break Brexit, it doesn’t matter if it’s more economically harmful than Covid. We need to gerritdun otherwise IDS and the ERG will keep coming back.

It was in
Positive effects No 994....strong rumours Nissan are giving Sunderland the big E. Probably to move somewhere where the workforce aren't such a self-embarrassment.
Edit...Ahh, see Mondie has already flagged this up.
It was a German motor magazine. Fake news, bully tactics while we are trying to negotiate.

Automobilwoche - "Nissan to close Sunderland plant". I'm not able to verify, as my German is not up to it. Only heresay at this stage but seems inevitable given the way the sinister conman PM has screwed the UK for his mates and sponsors.

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1330868969243357184

Nissan drops its own Brexit vote

Since the Brexit referendum four years ago, car manufacturers on the island have been warning of a "no deal". But Prime Minister Boris Johnson apparently still believes that he can dictate the terms to the EU. This denial of reality is now taking revenge . Nissan plans to close its Sunderland plant. "A decision has been made and it is not favorable to the UK," said a Nissan manager familiar with the matter. 7,000 jobs are at stake in Sunderland. It is the largest automobile plant in the UK. Europe boss Gianluca de Ficchy wants to make the difficult decision public in a few days. Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta recently warned: “If Brexit comes without a viable business model being recognized, then it's no longer about Sunderland or Sunderland. Then our entire business in Great Britain would no longer be sustainable. "

Nissan drops its own Brexit vote

Since the Brexit referendum four years ago, car manufacturers on the island have been warning of a "no deal". But Prime Minister Boris Johnson apparently still believes that he can dictate the terms to the EU. This denial of reality is now taking revenge . Nissan plans to close its Sunderland plant. "A decision has been made and it is not favorable to the UK," said a Nissan manager familiar with the matter. 7,000 jobs are at stake in Sunderland. It is the largest automobile plant in the UK. Europe boss Gianluca de Ficchy wants to make the difficult decision public in a few days. Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta recently warned: “If Brexit comes without a viable business model being recognized, then it's no longer about Sunderland or Sunderland. Then our entire business in Great Britain would no longer be sustainable. "
You can guess the reaction from the ERG, Farage and their honorary fly posters: nowt to do with Brexit, no need for Sunderland now that Japan can ship cars to the EU with their new trade deal. It was going to close anyway/ mustn’t grumble, we’re free to make our own laws now. Oh and I forgot, fcuk business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back