advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK playing hard ball with sausages now. Threat is to prevent importation of Irish sausages and pork type products. This is tit for tat stuff but is a nice easy example of the misery ahead for all. Previously seamless access now everything will be contentious. Losers on all sides but usually in a war the smaller side eventually loses out big time.

If the fight was just against Ireland we would lose but in the UK Brexit case sure it is a no brainer Bojo and his gang of merry men and bullying woman will win.
I get my bangers from the local farm. They’re made on the premises and very nice they are too.

I get my bangers from the local farm. They’re made on the premises and very nice they are too.

Well then you are fine no need for anybody to bother with trying to sort that one out. Let the negotiators know they can focus on the fish.

BTW being serious for a moment there are a whole range of products not just bangers. And there will be plenty of other areas. But the 52-48 referendum inferred that hardy brexit was the preferred option to make people feel their vote really counted.

Well then you are fine no need for anybody to bother with trying to sort that one out. Let the negotiators know they can focus on the fish.

BTW being serious for a moment there are a whole range of products not just bangers. And there will be plenty of other areas. But the 52-48 referendum inferred that hardy brexit was the preferred option to make people feel their vote really counted.
I don’t know any of the negotiators, or anyone who knows any of them. Do we have any ITK members?

I eat salmon once per week most weeks. Haddock and chips is a thing of the past now for me due to corona.

So has anyone come up with any positive effects of Brexit in the almost 900 posts that precede this one?

Something to do with voting out one useless bunch of politicians for another useless bunch. Yes I know we already had that delightful benefit.
And we won't pay a few bob towards EU bureaucrats wine consumption. Yes I know we have lost thousands of jobs instead. Wood, trees etc

When the EU sinks, the UK follows. When the UK sinks, the EU is big enough to stay afloat.

I do also rate the EU leaders like the ones you mentioned so funnily of a higher level than the UK ones.

This all does not mean that I'm entirely happy with the EU though.

When the EU sinks, the UK follows.
This is a true statement and as our lifeboats drift in the cold ocean beside the EU Titanic being lashed by the waves, sea spray and wind we must remember to get as far away as we can to avoid being sucked down in its wake.

Let me suggest an image to fill your empty avatar Colin:

55b7bd002acae72d5f8ba1af

This is a true statement and as our lifeboats drift in the cold ocean beside the EU Titanic being lashed by the waves, sea spray and wind we must remember to get as far away as we can to avoid being sucked down in its wake.

Absolutely. Even the cliffs at the European side of Albion cooperate.

They’ll be hanging monkeys in Hartlepool again.

Mood music from the US suggesting that Brexit is a train wreck as far as they are concerned, Trump down in the dumps, trade deal prospects looking a little distant. Mind you, anyone thinking Trump had in mind a deal that did anything for the UK possibly needs to read 'Art Of The Deal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back