advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Not at all silly.

You’re back to replying to something I didn’t say. What is it with you guys always looking for some meaning you can jump on. Such as assessment should have been done years ago.
Brian, you need to understand that sometimes a reply uses what it’s replying to as a springboard for another thought. Replying is not a binary agree/disagree thing. This is how the discussion moves on.

Unleash the beast!

5dc33f889978e272f9a72e95-1250x625.jpg

Brian, you need to understand that sometimes a reply uses what it’s replying to as a springboard for another thought. Replying is not a binary agree/disagree thing. This is how the discussion moves on.
Since we’re not in a pub where there are other clues what you’re on about I suggest there is no need to quote anyone.

The discussion didn’t move on. I was asking about what is the point of a govt assessment now but all people want to talk about is what is gone.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of fundamental duty of care might have mandated this sort of assessment, at an early stage. So as not to be accused of a dereliction of duty, that sort of thing. You know, good government. Make your plans based on best available information. Silly me, eh?

But who could have seen this one coming, apart from everyone?

ElBTdnsWMAEHMqC

Since we’re not in a pub where there are other clues what you’re on about I suggest there is no need to quote anyone.

The discussion didn’t move on. I was asking about what is the point of a govt assessment now but all people want to talk about is what is gone.
The quoting is done in the 'reply' function. I usually edit it down to what is germane to what I'm saying. I don't always hit 'reply', but sometimes other posters get a post in between, and then the relevance of what you're saying gets a little lost, or the flow gets interrupted. So my experience is that it can be helpful to 'reply' and then retain at least some of the post you're replying to, for context and to tie it back to the point you're relating your comment to.

My observation was more about the decision not to undertake the assessments at all, rather than just now. But to address your point, I'd still say 'better late than never' and it might, at least, let the general population know what they could expect over the coming months in order to prepare, or adjust things like holiday plans. That, again, would fall under the description of good governance. Doris' hero, Churchill, didn't shy away from giving the public the unpalatable truth. The fact that that's not politically expedient for this lot just makes it worse, in my view.

Indeed they should, a deliberate wind up though so he can stamp his chubby entitled feet and get another big anti EU headline in the Daily Nazi

classic cakeism. The EU should tell Britain to **** off.
Brexit Britain needs to come to terms with its new downgraded status. On a more significant level, it’s global influence is now diminished. China, Russia, the US and India will look to see what Europe does before bothering with Britain now. You might say, gerroverit, Leave won.

Indeed they should, a deliberate wind up though so he can stamp his chubby entitled feet and get another big anti EU headline in the Daily Nazi

A Brexit positive. Really a low bar at this point though scratching for headlines in the daily scum.
Suppose positives have to be grasped when these opportunities present.

Listening to the weasel Hannan on Newsnight trying to big up the 'cut and paste' deal with Japan was funny. It will be totally dependent on a) EU quotas leaving the UK some space and b) a deal with the EU that satisfies Japanese companies. "Another victory like that and we are lost."

Hope they like the cheese.

Last edited:
I see Juncker the man who contributed to Brexit is having a whinge about the frugals cutting back on budgets. This position must come easy to him when Luxembourg is a net recipient. It is always easier to spend other peoples money.

Brexiter delightedly reports small grumbles, voiced by a retired official, about the internal funding arrangements of an organization the UK has already left.

Up next: Canadians worrying about what Ken Clarke thinks about the UK’s budget deficit.

Brexiter delightedly reports small grumbles, voiced by a retired official, about the internal funding arrangements of an organization the UK has already left.

Up next: Canadians worrying about what Ken Clarke thinks about the UK’s budget deficit.

When you have nothing positive......

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back