advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been listening to Maureen Eames (the 83 year old ex councillor from Barnsley who's BBC interview made the news), complaining that more people will die in lockdown from causes other than COVID because the NHS isn't treating them. How is she allowed to peddle such nonsense without being challenged by anyone, BBC or the Government, who must have heard it? Lockdown, or enforced social distancing, breaks the chain of transmission which means COVID cases do not divert NHS resources away from primary operations.
I think the ignorance is the norm, I'm afraid. Or stupidity.

Can’t sleep as the aching in my joints etc is quite unbearable. I think I’ll be frequenting PFM just to take my mind off things. Such a strange disease. One child left in school yesterday, all other staff self isolating with varied symptoms. I’m due to be clear by next Sunday midnight so hoping this is as bad as it gets for me. Wife appears OK though I think a test would reassure her.

Can’t sleep as the aching in my joints etc is quite unbearable. I think I’ll be frequenting PFM just to take my mind off things. Such a strange disease. One child left in school yesterday, all other staff self isolating with varied symptoms. I’m due to be clear by next Sunday midnight so hoping this is as bad as it gets for me. Wife appears OK though I think a test would reassure her.
I hope you all make a full recovery.

Best wishes Del for a full recovery. I have woken up with a sore throat, was supposed to be meeting friends for a bike ride. I've cancelled, it's probably only a cold but they wouldn't thank me for passing it on. I've been in a factory in Barnsley all week, welcome to Tier 3.

I worked in Amazon from May to August before starting my new teaching job in Sept. no sign of infection. Worked in my new school 5 weeks. Infection. Go figure.

I also suffered the aching joints, all over pain - no fun at all, sympathies. Don’t know if you’re taking painkillers? Paracetamol worked for me, where Ibuprofen didn’t touch it. So if you usually use Ibuprofen, try Paracetamol.

Yes, like skewers being drilled into my bones. I'm using paracetamol. Also some nerve pain. Presume it attacks the nervous system as well. Not fun but good to see you getting through.

Yes, like skewers being drilled into my bones. I'm using paracetamol. Also some nerve pain. Presume it attacks the nervous system as well. Not fun but good to see you getting through.
Yes, I think it’s nerve pain, no inflammation which is why Ibuprofen doesn’t help. Sorry Paracetamol isn’t doing the job for you. :(

Sorry to hear you're in pain Del, not much I can say.... try and keep your chin up and hopefully better days are around the corner.

Just hearing that a group of respected medical science experts have once again iterated that Tier 3 might not work and Tier 1 definitely won't so advocating moving all Tier 1 to Tier 2 at least. Why the **** did this incompetent government just not do a national lockdown instead of subjecting even more people to the disease and in some cases death? How much more will it take before enough backbench Tories stand against them and we can get Johnson out, surely there has to be enough of them that have some shred of decency to not let this carry on through the rest of autumn and the winter and to the inevitable 100K plus deaths?

I get the distinct impression they are pretty much lost at sea, paralysed by the fear of where to turn. I'd never have thought that a modern Government could lead so poorly. If you ever wondered whether Boris could handle the pressure, well..........

I travel between tiers 1, 2 and 3 all day every day and there isn't a blind bit of difference. It's all for nothing. They should either do a full on, nationwide hard lock down for a prolonged period or do nothing at all, just messing around in between achieves very little.

Think looking at Ireland the numbers are starting to drop 3 days into 'fullish' lockdown you maybe right. The number of contact tracing needing to be followed up is dropping quickly also.

In response to a written question Edward Argar, a health minister, has admitted the country has NO stocks of fentanyl, levomepromazine, midazolam or intravenous morphine. Paracetamol stocks are 50% of required levels.

England's schools to receive fewer laptops for distance learning

"“I log in to check, expecting my allocation to increase ([as] one of the UK’s most deprived primary schools) and see it has been slashed from 61 to 13,” he wrote in a draft email to the DfE shared on Twitter. “You disgust me with the contempt you show disadvantaged schools. I am embarrassed to have you leading us.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...o-receive-fewer-laptops-for-distance-learning

Just when I think the authorities can not make this whole thing any more complicated and/or stupid they manage to push the boundaries further into insanity and a common senseless handling of the whole thing:

Supermarkets in Wales have cordoned off 'non-essential items'

WTF does it matter what people buy if the bloody shop is open? FFS!

Because the less stuff they buy the less time they are in the shop and consequently the less chance of being infected or infecting someone, it’s really not that difficult!

Because the less stuff they buy the less time they are in the shop and consequently the less chance of being infected or infecting someone, it’s really not that difficult!
Also, supermarkets are competing on sales of ‘non essential’ goods with businesses which have been forced to close, which would hardly be fair.

Also, supermarkets are competing on sales of ‘non essential’ goods with businesses which have been forced to close, which would hardly be fair.

Yes that's the reason I've just heard given, makes sense. Although it makes for a great stick to beat them with by the cretinous political journos asking them daft questions like "can you buy a kettle from Tesco", FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back