advertisement

Now that's what I call an outro!

Marchbanks, you pointed me towards Cardiacs/Dirty Boy on the Tim Smith RIP thread.

Had never heard anything by them before, but hit Youtube a couple of days ago and am now completely hooked. Have found a couple of live versions too. What a song (and I'm now exploring others), though suspect they are very much a 'Marmite' band. Was thinking just the same earlier about how it ends...that is certainly an outro! Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Marchbanks, you pointed me towards Cardiacs/Dirty Boy on the Tim Smith RIP thread.

Had never heard anything by them before, but hit Youtube a couple of days ago and am now completely hooked. Have found a couple of live versions too. What a song (and I'm now exploring others), though suspect they are very much a 'Marmite' band. Was thinking just the same earlier about how it ends...that is certainly an outro! Anyway, thanks for the heads up!
And thanks for posting, robs. It's always good to know you have pointed someone towards something that they really like. Especially in this case as I haven't yet got most Cardiacs stuff myself. But DB is an utter monster.

Quite a few Steely Dan tracks over the years feature superb outros.
Yes, I was going to suggest:

Third World Man
Haitian Divorce
Kid Charlemagne
Aja (obviously!)
West of Hollywood

I also enjoy the long, languid outro to "On the Dunes" from Fagen's solo effort, Kamakiriad.

Changing band, Owner of a Lonely Heart, that ending which fades away. If only they had kept that going.

Third World Man
Haitian Divorce
Kid Charlemagne
Aja (obviously!)
West of Hollywood

I also enjoy the long, languid outro to "On the Dunes" from Fagen's solo effort, Kamakiriad.
They are also really good with intros, ‘Ricky don’t lose that number’ is a classic of the form.

Third World Man
Haitian Divorce
Kid Charlemagne
Aja (obviously!)
West of Hollywood

I'm sure someone did a thread on this before.
On The Dunes and Third World Man are two of my favourites too.

Edit: The Smiths 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others' is a corker as well.

advertisement

Back