advertisement

Now that's what I call an outro!

I feel the same way about this

There are days when I think this might be the finest piece of music I've ever heard. Beautiful, euphoric, every note exactly where it should be.

Two notes and I'm overcome as well.

A few more favourites:

More than six minutes of psych-guitar outro here:

Bark Psychosis do some great ones. From 2:50 here:

And from around 3:30 here:

Not forgetting the epic Scum, which is virtually all intro/outro:

Clear Talk Talk influence in the outro there - another band who did great outros, but I'll leave it there for now.

The song is about people being attracted to each other (maybe) but in the final minute Nils Clem takes his guitar into a mighty black hole of sound. Only Wilco would ever dream of doing this.

When Ricky Wilson takes off at about 5:00

Three that are so goo, they have their own names:

From 5:15 - "The Straightener"

Steve ends with blissing out from 6:15 - 'The Golden Vibe'

Another Steve, another guitar outro from 5:40 - 'Wurm'

Out into the daylight - Mike Rutherford's Smallcreep's Day - Mike (and Simon Phillips in particular) are excellent.

50 years I've waited to hear a blistering rock/blues outro that comes close to this. Not heard one yet. Hotel California might be the closest.

King Crimson - Moonchild - I know the outro gets panned by a lot of people, but I first heard it at the age of 14 when the album came out, loved it then, and still love it now.

A few more favourites:

More than six minutes of psych-guitar outro here:

Bark Psychosis do some great ones. From 2:50 here:

And from around 3:30 here:

Not forgetting the epic Scum, which is virtually all intro/outro:

Clear Talk Talk influence in the outro there - another band who did great outros, but I'll leave it there for now.

I'll give you a couple for starters - After The Flood, and New Grass, from one of the greatest albums of all time, Laughing Stock.

Love the album version but I haven't seen that before, thanks for the link. That jam at the end could go on another 5 minutes The "Tip of the Sphere" album is great all the way through.
Referring to Cass McCombs here, dunno what happened to the quoted bit...

advertisement

Back