advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to Micky Mellon on his move to Dundee Utd, thanks for the past 4 years, two promotions and back in the league. He'll always have a special place in the hearts of Tranmere Rovers fans

anyone else think that a better goalie might have prevented at least one of Greenwood's spectacular efforts, got hand/arm to both but that's it, just a thought?

anyone else think that a better goalie might have prevented at least one of Greenwood's spectacular efforts, got hand/arm to both but that's it, just a thought?

Possibly, don't how fast the ball was travelling. Not a great game for goalies. De Gea is very inconsistent at the moment.

Possibly, don't how fast the ball was travelling. Not a great game for goalies. De Gea is very inconsistent at the moment.

When Greenwood hits it, it does seem to move rather rapidly... some talent is that boy

Isn't there a rumour he might be replaced?
giphy.gif

Important 3 points for Chelsea last night. Looked great going forward but deary me absolutely frightening at the back!
Palace could and probably should have got a draw.
No fan of Kepa, but Christensen is looking far too easy to get past nowadays. His positioning often looks wrong. Bring in John Terry as defence coach? Though as good as him and Lampard together could be, it could also lead to a conflict of egos?

Genuine question -- are there any signs that he has made the Villa defence better?
I haven’t been watching Villa close enough or long enough to make a judgement on that. Perhaps a Villa fan can give us their opinion.

However, as far as Chelsea go, JT based much of his defensive success on very simple stuff like just knowing where to stand...just being in the right place. When I look at any combination of centre backs at Chelsea, they just don’t look right together and one or other is prone to stepping out when they should be holdIng a line.

Not only did JT know where to draw the line, he would shout instructions to others who weren’t in the same line or were just in the wrong place. It doesn’t seem like the Chelsea defence have got each other’s back, there’s no big voice behind you saying ‘GO’ or ‘STAY’, instead you have to have take a quick a glance around you and in that nano second the little f*ucker has just nutmegged you. Again.

PS. I agree with @webster that John Terry back at Chelsea would be a bad move, but we really need a real talker at the back.

Important 3 points for Chelsea last night. Looked great going forward but deary me absolutely frightening at the back!
Palace could and probably should have got a draw.

Chelsea played well, though I was hoping CP could muster a third (self-interest and all that :)).

It's great to see Chelsea are now third in The Premier League. I'll temporarily support Sheffield Utd and Wolves tonight if they do the decent thing and draw 0 - 0.

Hopefully John Terry will hit another career high tomorrow and coach Aston Villa into beating Utd. He apparently might move on to take charge of Bristol City.

Jack

I'll temporarily support Sheffield Utd and Wolves tonight if they do the decent thing and draw.
On balance I think it would be better if Wolves lost.
Realistically that would leave Chelsea, United & Leicester fighting it out for 3rd & 4th spots.
Of course if City haven't managed to bribe themselves out of being banned all three sides will qualify for the CL next season.:)

It was a really hard game for Chelsea against Palace. Part of me thinks they should try and buy Zaha, but a back four and a goalkeeper who doesn't dick around come first.

The game went down to wire despite Chelsea being 0 - 2 up at one point. Kurt Zouma saved the Blues from a draw with a last minute tackle on Benteke. He took us above Leicester and into third place in the PL.

"John Terry praised Kurt Zouma’s last-ditch tackle that effectively secured all three points for the Blues in a fiercely contested clash against

"Responding to an Instagram post from Chelsea which described Zouma’s challenge as ‘absolute perfection’, Terry tagged his old teammate and wrote: ‘What a tackle’." https://metro.co.uk

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back