advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southhampton is the first Premier League team to agree to a wage deferral due to the coronavirus pandemic. Good for them. https://www.skysports.com/football/news

Jack

Average EPL player is on £3m a year while hundreds of thousands of ordinary people will have lost their livelihoods. Excuse me if I don't get too excited about some millionaires having to wait a few months to get their paws on their vastly inflated incomes.

I read that he’s been discharged from hospital yesterday, hopefully he’ll be OK ?
Kenny?
Difficult to imagine he'd be discharged unless he wasn't absolutely fine.
Nice to read something positive amongst all the doom and gloom.

Sad news today with death of Chelsea legend Peter Bonneti following long illness aged 78.
Sad news indeed - I had the pleasure of watching him perform at the Bridge on many occasions.
Unbelievable to think that he only received 7 England caps when you see the way they are dished out in modern day football.
Being around at the same time as the great Gordon Banks followed by Peter Shilton certainly didn't help his case either.

A step forward in the long running saga of the Newcastle sale, according to the BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52284645
A Newcastle United takeover has taken a step closer after new documents show that owner Mike Ashley has entered into a charge agreement with potential buyer Amanda Staveley.

Financier Staveley is leading a bid which involves Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund and the Reuben Brothers.

It is understood to be worth £300m.

The 31-page charge agreement lodged at Companies House lays the legal groundwork for a potential deal to be completed.

I really don’t understand the proposed takeover at Newcastle. The Saudi involvement makes sense as they have already stated that sport is going to be important to them in a post-oil world.

The Reuben bros are property developers having started out as non-ferrous metals traders and hitting the big time by buying steel and aluminium facilities in Russia in the 1990s. Not sure how the Saudis with their supposed hostility to Israel can publicly go into business with Jews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back