advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s the medical prof? Peston quoted Johnson, Hancock and Cummings...The Wired article below suggests the strategy’s been dreamed up by David Halpern, a behavioural psychologist from the government’s Nudge Unit, and Cummings himself.

I’m becoming somewhat suspicious that the government is actually prioritising avoiding avoiding civil unrest/mass disorder/panic etc over the health needs of huge swathes of us, even if that rips the NHS to shreds. The ironic thing is it is their own elderly voterbase who will be in most of the body bags, so I’m finding the apparent recklessness of Johnson, Cummings etc somewhat baffling. Tories tend to protect themselves at all costs, and this virus is coming right for them fast...

We are due down in London this weekend. Travelling by train from E Yorks on Saturday, at a gig at Wembley Arena, staying in a hotel, mooch around most of Sunday then train home.
I have a long standing respiratory problem which is somewhat in abeyance at the moment.
Currently in two minds what to do!

The worldmeters.info site is excellent, proper scientific data. The ‘Global Research’ site is some dick-head conspiracy theory bullshit (Wiki). It can safely be ignored.
I've added a link to WHO since my original posting. Hoof that Global Research one?

I have a long standing respiratory problem which is somewhat in abeyance at the moment.

Stay at home, stay as safe as possible! I know your situation and I’d be very actively self-isolating if I was you. I am very much so.

We are due down in London this weekend. Travelling by train from E Yorks on Saturday, at a gig at Wembley Arena, staying in a hotel, mooch around most of Sunday then train home.

I'd avoid it.

Been in and around That London today myself, Oxford Street to be precise. Traffic was very quite going in, at a guess some people are already taking it seriously and staying away. Aside from that we didn't see much evidence of folk making any extra effort to avoid people/places.

It’ll be a real shame if the Premier League is cancelled with Liverpool one game away from the title won’t it.

We are early on in the progress of this unknown & brand new virus. Flu is part of the body's make up nowadays. Our body fully understands & takes appropriate action when flu invades. This virus has just entered the arena & fully expect us to be discussing it in years to come as it too becomes part of our make up. I also expect it to kill far more than any flu virus over the coming years as many who get this virus, be they young & healthy or old & sick, enter the second phase of serious chest infection & pneumonia.
We have known about this particular strain for 3 months & even the best minds on the planet are struggling to fully understand how it will develop so comparing it with flu & claiming flu is far deadlier is very premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back