advertisement

Which part of the (former) UK will rejoin the European Union first?

Which part of the former U.K. will rejoin the European Union first?

• Scotland

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once you give in for the first time they'll always be back for more.
That is what the frugal five net contributors to the EU must be thinking with budget increases of 75% to 100% from 2020 to 2027. We are told by the remainers that EU contributions are a bargain.

Doubling of the annual EU contribution! Nothing. Less than Macron has to fork out each year to pay his riot police to kick the eyeballs out of French citizens.

That is what the frugal five net contributors to the EU must be thinking with budget increases of 75% to 100% from 2020 to 2027. We are told by the remainers that EU contributions are a bargain.

EU contributions are already a bargain compared to what we are spending on Brexit and what it will ultimately cost. That's before we have to buy our way into future trade.

Of course we can blow ten years worth of net EU subs (and counting) on a white elephant train line that will knock ten minutes off a trip to the midlands and might enable a few more London commuters - like we don't have enough of those. But who's keeping an eye on domestic 'spaffing' eh?

Even ET doesn't try to make an economic case for leaving. Rejoice in your blue passports, warm fuzzy feelings of imaginary freedom from oppression by all means, but there is no economic case for not being part of one of the world's biggest trading areas.

Doubling of the annual EU contribution! Nothing. Less than Macron has to fork out each year to pay his riot police to kick the eyeballs out of French citizens.
Not to mention the 10 billion Euros Macron has added to the French national deficit to appease the yellow jackets.

, but there is no economic case for not being part of one of the world's biggest trading areas.

So you keep saying.

Maybe accept that the public voted out ( for good or bad ) and sing a different song ?

There will be no solace in being able to say "I told you so " in years down the line. Just as saying " it's a Tory shitshow and they now own Brexit " is a pointless thing to say...we will all own the consequences of Brexit not just the Tories.

I'm living in France: I fully expect France to have big problems in the coming years also.

No delight there either. I'd much rather France thrived. Brexit is nowt compared to their pension problem. An ageing population and too many people on the dole so the cash is not going to be enough and the plebs are not going to give it up. Massive social security payments to the pension pot are a burden to every company directly. Every month, no getting away from it.

The UK tax gap, I.e. tax that should be paid but isn’t, is about 9000UKP per pensioner per year, jus ‘sayin.

More false equivalence. Both Norway and Switzerland have not voted their trade and relationships away, both have market access and are Schengen countries.

Many Leave campaigners here suggested that the UK would maintain free trade and market membereship. Others have since hijacked the entire result for their own political ends. More lies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

Norway has voted twice and decided against full EU integration.
Switzerland have also voted twice for the same.

I wonder whether the Norwegians spent 4 years arguing semantics, calling each other LIARS in both 1972 and 1994 ?

Maybe you were too quick to try and disprove my point that you missed the words ' full EU integration' in order to insert the word LIAR.

As I said we are reduced to Twitter politics with no debate available within 140 characters.

Interestingly both referenda in Norway had a similar % vote remain/leave as ours. Though the Swiss seemed less keen on full integration.

The more I read of your posts the more it seems to me you think we all expected to wake up on Saturday 1st Feb in a world of woe and because we didn't you are some soothsaying genius and we are all stupid.

Nope, I have been talking about the 'Brexit pound' for over 3 years.

Google Black Wednesday or Sterling V The Euro in 2006 if you wish to catch up.

I find all this vitriol of calling those with other opinions liars and stupid very, well it pushes me to vote away from those reduced to such puerility.

Meanwhile the Telegraph reports on a new horror*.Charles Moore will have to have the smelling salts administered,

“It is rugby’s oldest rivalry, forged over nearly 130 years of fierce sporting combat.
But this year’s Calcutta Cup match between England and Scotland threatens to be overshadowed by political protests over Brexit.
A section of Scottish fans plan to wave European Union flags alongside the traditional Saltire during today’s match at Murrayfield, it has emerged.
Others have vowed to bring giant Saltires woven with yellow stars in a backlash at Britain’s decision to leave”.

*readers warned, expect strong tutting from start.

Meanwhile, piles are coming down at “The Express”. A plot is afoot, plots mean traitors, traitors meanz outrage.

Brexit outrage: Scots plot anti-Brexit protest at Calcutta Cup match against England

Last edited:
Nope, I have been talking about the 'Brexit pound' for over 3 years.

Google Black Wednesday or Sterling V The Euro in 2006 if you wish to catch up.

I find all this vitriol of calling those with other opinions liars and stupid very, well it pushes me to vote away from those reduced to such puerility.

This is an illustration of how emotion overrides logic, and how easily people are swayed. No wonder the psy-ops social media campaigns were so effective.

Last edited:
The Prime Minister has been dismissed twice for lying, a behaviour he seems to have cultivated. When you catch someone repeatedly telling demonstrable lies, the Oxford English Dictionary is unambiguous about the appropriate noun. Brexit itself is a lie on a grand scale and when it’s fully exposed, the fall out’s going to be something to see. The work of Johnson is to preserve the lie, in fear of the consequences and he’s going to need a large supply of scapegoats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

I wonder whether the Norwegians spent 4 years arguing semantics, calling each other LIARS in both 1972 and 1994 ?

Maybe you were too quick to try and disprove my point that you missed the words ' full EU integration' in order to insert the word LIAR.

As I said we are reduced to Twitter politics with no debate available within 140 characters.

Interestingly both referenda in Norway had a similar % vote remain/leave as ours. Though the Swiss seemed less keen on full integration.

What is that to do with the fact that campaigners were telling people leaving the EU did not threaten our access to the SM? Were they telling the truth or not? Just selectively quoting nonsense and putting things in bold caps - is that supposed to give your selectivity more substance?

Meanwhile the Telegraph reports on a new horror*.Charles Moore will have to have the smelling salts administered,

“It is rugby’s oldest rivalry, forged over nearly 130 years of fierce sporting combat.
But this year’s Calcutta Cup match between England and Scotland threatens to be overshadowed by political protests over Brexit.
A section of Scottish fans plan to wave European Union flags alongside the traditional Saltire during today’s match at Murrayfield, it has emerged.
Others have vowed to bring giant Saltires woven with yellow stars in a backlash at Britain’s decision to leave”.

*readers warned, expect strong tutting from start.

Meanwhile, piles are coming down at “The Express”. A plot is afoot, plots mean traitors, traitors meanz outrage.

Brexit outrage: Scots plot anti-Brexit protest at Calcutta Cup match against England
Since you mention the rugby, brave Scots did more than wave EU flags, they decided to throw beer bottles around instead.

“Rugby did have a culture of being respectful and having respect for the kicker," said Jones. ”So if we don't want to have that, if there's a new level of respect in Scotland, we've got to put up with it. If that's how the Scottish fans are going to be respectful we have to acknowledge it and just get on with it."

Farrell was jeered as he lined up goal-kicks during England's 13-6 Six Nations victory at a storm-hit Murrayfield.

Jones said high performance manager Neil Craig was hit on the head by a plastic beer bottle before kick-off. "We weren't expecting bottles to be thrown - that's a new trick," he said. "You've got to be pretty brave to throw a beer bottle.”

Source: BBC Sport https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51430337

Anything to say about this cowardly behaviour, Hugh?

Since you mention the rugby, brave Scots did more than wave EU flags, they decided to throw beer bottles around instead.

“Rugby did have a culture of being respectful and having respect for the kicker," said Jones. ”So if we don't want to have that, if there's a new level of respect in Scotland, we've got to put up with it. If that's how the Scottish fans are going to be respectful we have to acknowledge it and just get on with it."

Farrell was jeered as he lined up goal-kicks during England's 13-6 Six Nations victory at a storm-hit Murrayfield.

Jones said high performance manager Neil Craig was hit on the head by a plastic beer bottle before kick-off. "We weren't expecting bottles to be thrown - that's a new trick," he said. "You've got to be pretty brave to throw a beer bottle.”

Source: BBC Sport https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51430337

Anything to say about this cowardly behaviour, Hugh?
It just goes to show a load of waster drunks and the murky weather we expect from Scotland wasn't enough to temper England's charge.

One of the most potent examples,

playing to the fear of others, millions of them. Who do you think you are kidding Mr.Erdogan...

advertisement

Back