advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell Sandy. Combine that internal view with Joe's view from the window and I'd never go out!
I know what you mean about nice views Joe. I had a nice one a few years ago, still miss it to this day!

3-C8-D8-CB6-A99-B-45-B2-970-B-FE2101-D03902.jpg

Joe, curious, have you ever gone to High Water Sound?

I haven't, but I know they're nearby (and very near my office) and would like to hear some Tron gear, which I believe they import. My usual shop is In Living Stereo, which focuses on tube gear and sold me my speakers.

I know what you mean about nice views Joe. I had a nice one a few years ago, still miss it to this day!

3-C8-D8-CB6-A99-B-45-B2-970-B-FE2101-D03902.jpg

oh, my! very, very nice.

there's an old saw among NYC real estate agents (well, I heard it on a TV show once, anyway) that the only time people look out their window is when they're buying a place. i don't find that to be true at all!

there's an old saw among NYC real estate agents (well, I heard it on a TV show once, anyway) that the only time people look out their window is when they're buying a place. i don't find that to be true at all!

I don't either. Some friends had a flat that looked across Sydney Harbour and had a view of the harbour bridge, and the opera house behind it.

Every material has an absorption coefficient, Single glazed windows will reflect some frequencies other will pass straight through, double glazed will act more like solid walls reflecting more bass frequencies, they are no more harmful than any other bare surface.
Keith

Who has single glazed windows in Industry countries in 2020? Double glazed or tripple (coming more and more) is the norm. I claim that a concrete wall with wallpaper absorbs better than a double glazed window. But even untreated concrete walls at the reflexion points aren't good. I know you know that because you always quote Floyd Toole and his book: Sound Reproduction, the Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms.

Anyway, btt. from my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back