advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A turntable is MIA. I have about 400 LP's being bored in my Ikea Expedit. Sold my SL-1000MkII some time ago as it was overkill for how seldomly I get to spin records. But I do miss it so perhaps a Technics SL-1500C all-in-one package soon?

Setup.jpg

Hi krenzler,

You could alway toss that ol’ Mission Mechanic tonearm my way...nice listening space btw.

IMG-3365.jpg

Acoustic Signature Double X with ta2000, mcx2 & linear psu
Trigon Vanguard III with Volcano
Auralic Aries G2
Auralic Vega G2
Nord One SE NC500 mk2 dual mono
Audio Physics Virgo III
Analysis Plus big silver oval and silver oval-in cables

Last edited:
Novel system damping choices... and a beautiful cat... all good here!

i thought the "black boxes" needed a bit of visual interest a few years back and figure there's no harm -- although the cast iron bust on the 282 (procured at an antiques shop in Reykjavik) may not be doing the sound any favors!

Here's my contribution.
20190228_120206.jpg

Melco N1ZH
PS Audio PS5 regen (for sources only)
Linn Akurate streamer/pre
Linn Akurate Katalyst Exaktbox DACs
Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps
PMC Twenty.26 running active

Plus the following bits n bobs
Ariston RD80sl / Linn Basik Plus / Goldring 920IGC TT
Blu-ray, Freeview and a telly
PMC Twenty.C centre
PMC Twenty.26 rears
REL Stadium sub
Qudraspire Evo
Cyrus Isoplats

No, just a standard Rega blue felt mat. (As you can see, I like to liven up the hifi rack a bit.) I've been thinking about trying out the Collaro Audio one, though!

Ah , I see. It was the blue that fooled me as the Levin comes in that colour as well. Oh and +1 on the night time shot.

Hello from NYC!

Now I've torn my eyes away from the view, I'm looking at that LP12. You know it needs it's own separate support, right? Turntables are peculiar things, they're like violins in some respects because they've got vibrations buzzing around in them. The LP12 design tries to move the vibration away, preferably to the floor, as quick as possible. Where you've got the LP12 now isn't the best it could be.

You could get the support, which will probably be metal, resprayed into something that will match the colo(u)r of the bridge, then it'll be a nice link.

In the process of moving house, so tidying up the system so its a bit more attractive ;)

Same main bits (Rega P9/Sony S9000ES and Bryston B60) but I took a pair of Spendor S3/5Rs as exchange for my Larsens which work well despite being used on the cabinet. Not really using the P9 at the moment so isolation is not an issue.

In the short term, I plan to get some ATC SCM10s (possibly SCM7 mk3) or maybe the Proac Tablette 10s to try as well. Longer term, if we get the house move we would like, possibly some big Tannoys will be on the agenda again, or at least the R9s if they don't sell.

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back