advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've torn my eyes away from the view, I'm looking at that LP12. You know it needs it's own separate support, right? Turntables are peculiar things, they're like violins in some respects because they've got vibrations buzzing around in them. The LP12 design tries to move the vibration away, preferably to the floor, as quick as possible. Where you've got the LP12 now isn't the best it could be.

You could get the support, which will probably be metal, resprayed into something that will match the colo(u)r of the bridge, then it'll be a nice link.

Hi there! I briefly had the LP12 on an Ikea Lack table, which was situated next to the two (also Ikea) stands that currently house the hifi. To be honest, I didn't like the look: it felt as though too much of the room was taken over by stereo stuff. (The listening room is also our living room.) So, I had a Trampolin installed and plopped the LP12 next to the other gear, for a much neater appearance, in my opinion. It would be great to have enough room to try out a Sound Org. or Archidee table, which I've heard are the best supports for the Linn. However, to do that, we'd have to move house and then we'd lose the view...

I think we need a night time NYC view from that window as well :)

ask and ye shall receive! this is from July 4, 2018 -- the boats in the river are there to see NYC's annual Independence Day fireworks show.

NWmDUKN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back