advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that could be regarded as even faintly exotic (though it sounds alright), but here's my current crop of mainly-80's madness:

IMG_20191124_100640

'New' tt to revisit the dusty old records dragged down from the loft:

IMG_20191124_102407

Some hi-fi gears from the 80’s are better than many actual stuff according to me. They may not be as detailed and perfect but they are very musical and easy to listen to over long listening sessions. Also, they ‘forgive ‘ for recordings that are not perfect.

Nothing that could be regarded as even faintly exotic (though it sounds alright), but here's my current crop of mainly-80's madness:

IMG_20191124_100640

'New' tt to revisit the dusty old records dragged down from the loft:

IMG_20191124_102407

In terms of value for money, the Marantz PM4 is one of my all time favourite amplifiers. There's a shed load of makers tried to build their own version of that amp and never really come close to being as good as the original.

9L9HRt.jpg

rS053O.jpg

UuZDqN.jpg

OBd5zw.jpg

GQaUKf.jpg

Just think of it as your daily exercise routine.... ;)

The Castles are still doing great duties for my son in his bedroom by the way.. :)

Yes, I need to keep the beer lower down in the fridge as well!

Glad the Castles are providing good service, cracking little speakers. Would have sounded great in the room pictured but never used them in there!

I was wondering that myself. They have the mahogany wood finish of old Castle loudspeakers with the dark edges to the wood.
Looks like there is a three eyed Naim cat under the rack as well!

To quote myself, as promised here:

Thank you! I hesitated having my first post go into so much technical details - so I will try to have my system displayed here in a few days to properly introduce myself.

A few pictures of angles of my system. :)

1. Acoustic Treatments.

vo438io.jpg

A3dadFk.jpg

byMw4sF.jpg

2. Loudspeakers.

DnPSmpF.jpg

duO5jdP.jpg

3. Amplifier.

V7MDt0J.jpg

4. Turntable.

5yAnlPD.jpg

5ghGWyj.jpg

VloF2Ka.jpg

wjp38wi.jpg

TFxR8hT.jpg

YCKWMrs.jpg

DnkaRkw.jpg

5. Support.

MfT6LYA.jpg

hUjh7cE.jpg

Decided on photos instead of words this time around. :)

What’s the turntable?

Designed and built by myself. For internal purposes, called "dŵr". One of the tonearms is also designed and built by me.

The SME is a conversion from 3009 to 3012 using a SME arm tube and weights and baseplate built by me (C932 bronze).

Designed and built by myself. For internal purposes, called "dŵr". One of the tonearms is also designed and built by me.

The SME is a conversion from 3009 to 3012 using a SME arm tube and weights and baseplate built by me (C932 bronze).
stunning. No other words, but that. Many congrats. Please do show as more as and when you can, but, the pics are HUGE! :)

I download from Flikr and there, one gets a choice of image size. Thumbnails would be too small to see the detail and that would be a shame IMO. Something inbetween? But whichever the decks are both a great mix of craft and tec.

I actually had a few variants made. This approach was, in this application, most suitable. Also experimented with POM, acrylic and some carbon laminates.

It’s not intended as a criticism, I’m just surprised you didn’t arrange for the grain of the wood to run in the same direction as the arm to mount position, rather than at ninety degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back