advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote leave, reluctantly, but I did. I believe there should be a 2nd referendum. The whole country, including politicians, had a vote to leave. Then Parliament came up with two versions of leave of which I dislike both. Parliament voted on those deals and many of them explain that people haven't changed their minds. How is it that some politicians changed their minds and have had the opportunity to vote five times but I only get the one. Do you really want to leave with a bad deal. It seems to me that the "English National Party" who call themselves the Unionist & Conservative Party are screwing over the Northern Irish now and the Scottish will be next.

Sarah Smith, on BBC News, laid it out pretty clearly, if he doesn't send the letter tonight then he's in contempt of court and the court will either compel him to send the letter or will send it and have the letter signed by an official or even the clerk of the court, The Court of Session has the mandate to send the letter.

Let's see. The judge might just be a Tory...

Let's see. The judge might just be a Tory...

"The Court of Session has a unique power known as "nobile officium" - or "nob off" to legal insiders - which is not available to the English and Welsh courts and allows it to appoint an official in an emergency situation to carry out a mandatory responsibility which a public servant has failed to perform."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eu-letter-john-bercow-deal-vote-a9163081.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-scotland-high-court-extension-a9148691.html

"The Court of Session has a unique power known as "nobile officium" - or "nob off" to legal insiders - which is not available to the English and Welsh courts and allows it to appoint an official in an emergency situation to carry out a mandatory responsibility which a public servant has failed to perform."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eu-letter-john-bercow-deal-vote-a9163081.html

Yes mate, I know all that - there's a real question though about how much the Court will be willing to get involved. Which club does the judge belong to, who went to his old school etc etc. Look at the clowns who locked up the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, they don't give a stuff about the Law - it's a class thing.

Newsnight is quality, we have Alistair Campbell defending the wonderful people’s vote march he helped organise, and for balance Isobel ‘fraudulent Leave.EU campaign’ Oakeshott and some failed Apprentice candidate with a comedy regional accent. Public service broadcasting at its finest...

Yes mate, I know all that - there's a real question though about how much the Court will be willing to get involved. Which club does the judge belong to, who went to his old school etc etc. Look at the clowns who locked up the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, they don't give a stuff about the Law - it's a class thing.

Yes I completely agree and Edinburgh juries and judges are a bit odd, we had the fairly recent ludicrous decision of a court in Edinburgh to find a guy not guilty of assaulting Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager during his first managerial spell with the club, in front of a live TV audience so you are talking to the converted here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment...ennon-assault-case-an-incredible-verdict.html

Clap trap and you know it. Conflating the two subjects is a classic journalistic trick which might work with your usual readership/noshers but not here so why not do us all a favour and sling your hook now before you get barred
again.

Red Rose

The Tory Party has shifted to the right. That is the territory of racists and bigots and you know it.

What do you mean by “my usual readership/noshers”

Why would I get barred. Dealing with your right wing bullshit is more likely to win me an award.

PS You definitely need a new pic. It is it’s a kind of image that your posts merely amplify ;-)

Newsnight is quality, we have Alistair Campbell defending the wonderful people’s vote march he helped organise, and for balance Isobel ‘fraudulent Leave.EU campaign’ Oakeshott and some failed Apprentice candidate with a comedy regional accent. Public service broadcasting at its finest...

That really was grim. Especially that business woman. Was she on The Apprentice? That would explain a lot.

Haha. Not aligned with what actually happened but you’re entitled to your opinion.

Presumably you’d be happy if the UK had third world standards.
Definitely not. And not funny either.

Nor is gloating over the failure to progress a withdrawal agreement that could end all this sh** not only for us but the EU too.

If Corbyn would help get this out of the way he'd get more electoral support and be in a better position to fight for the workers rights he believes are so sacred.

Using Brexit to prop up shallow unrealistic arguments does little for a party I might otherwise find a vote for.

That really was grim. Especially that business woman. Was she on The Apprentice? That would explain a lot.

Yes, she described herself as “a businesswoman” on The Apprentice and has been dining out on it ever since from what I can tell, but I really don’t follow these things (I often catch the last five minutes of the ‘You’re Fired’ program waiting for Newsnight, but no more than that).

PS Did anyone catch Rees Mogg walking home with his freak child? Think ‘Mini Me’ off Austin Powers, but in the form of a skinny greasy haired child in a shit business suit. It would make for a terrifying Halloween stunt, but on balance Social Services should be called. It just isn’t right.

Definitely not. And not funny either.

Nor is gloating over the failure to progress a withdrawal agreement that could end all this sh** not only for us but the EU too.

If Corbyn would help get this out of the way he'd get more electoral support and be in a better position to fight for the workers rights he believes are so sacred.

Using Brexit to prop up shallow unrealistic arguments does little for a party I might otherwise find a vote for.

Great. Just vote through any crock of shit and to hell with any consequences down the line. And hey ho we know we can trust Boris. Just ask his wife. Or his brother. Or his sister. Or his daughter who no longer speaks to him.

Yes, she described herself as “a businesswoman” on The Apprentice and has been dining out on it ever since from what I can tell, but I really don’t follow these things (I often catch the last five minutes of the ‘You’re Fired’ program waiting for Newsnight, but no more than that).

PS Did anyone catch Rees Mogg walking home with his freak child? Think ‘Mini Me’ off Austin Powers, but in the form of a skinny greasy haired child in a shit business suit. It would make for a terrifying Halloween stunt, but on balance Social Services should be called. It just isn’t right.

Was it young Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg or Tom Wentworth Dunstable Rees-Mogg?

<snip>

Haha, definitely the next generation coming through. I was just saying if you saw that kid walking down the high street in Huddersfield and didn’t know who he was, you’d say why is Jacob Rees-Mogg's kid walking down the high street in Huddersfield?!

Yes, why did all these Tories decide to walk back to their second home tonight? They take the chauffeur driven car on every other occasion.

and why was the Rees Mogg sprogg there? Was it a bring your child to work day? We’re each and every one of the nannies off sick? No.

I thought it criminal when one of Mogg kids was abused in the street by some nutter a few months ago, but today Mogg was shamelessly exploiting his kids for a cheap coordinated photo opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back