advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah "leave it there" another clue. I think I've cracked this one.
Nice one, Steve. :) I do like it but I know you’ll understand I can’t officially ‘like’ your post due to my ‘likes’ being monitored by rbrown. I wouldn’t want to upset the degree of probability. :D

So the 'deal' looks like it is the one that May said "no UK PM would ever accept."

Will the DUP go for it?

Stephen
Seats in the Lords for them and some nice bungs- Paisley’s known to change his mind for a backhander. Plus it looks like Arlene & Co can get to drive around in tariff free nice German motors that we can’t. She’ll just have to swallow her pride and head down to Dublin to do her shopping.

I knew it!

giphy.gif

Joe

The best he can come up with is "a deal that no British prime minister could accept."

“Northern Ireland would de jure be in the UK’s customs territory but de facto in the European Union’s,” one diplomatic source said of the tentative agreement.

...what could possibly go wrong?

We are led by dolts...and hopefully this will be laughed out of parliament when it goes to a vote on (maybe not) saturday.

Seats in the Lords for them and some nice bungs- Paisley’s known to change his mind for a backhander. Plus it looks like Arlene & Co can get to drive around in tariff free nice German motors that we can’t. She’ll just have to swallow her pride and head down to Dublin to do her shopping.

I’ll be surprised if it gets voted through parliament but we’re getting closer now to a crap deal.

The LibDems need to get sensible and join the rest of the opposition.

I wonder if May and Hammond will vote for it?

She called the idea a ‘constitutional outrage.’

Funny how the ERG and DUP were opposed to this when May was negotiating, but it’s apparently fine when Johnson proposed it.

Stephen

Jack was pro-Corbyn, and pro-Brexit because he thought that there were too many foreigners competing for jobs, homes and services in London. He wasn't racist though.

That sounds right. I changed my mind after a debate with Tony and doing some research. It became clear that UKIP was racist and Farage is a rich ex-City bloke who sees Brexit as a way to make a lot of money, tell Europeans to f-off and cause trouble in the Tory Party.

I am not an English nationalist, that's for sure richgilb. I do however support the SNP. Nationalism isn't by definition a bad thing. It all depends on who the country is challenging and what for.

It wouldn't surprise me if Scotland, Wales and possibly even Northern Ireland, go independent if a British Brexit takes place.

I have never been interested in flags, even Chelsea FC ones, and dislike the herd mentality whipped up by the press and broadcasters.

Jack

I’ll be surprised if it gets voted through parliament but we’re getting closer now to a crap deal.

The LibDems need to get sensible and join the rest of the opposition.

What the heck can the Libs do when there are 19 or so on the Labour benches who will vote for the deal?!

PS Face it, Corbyn is never going to be the leader of anything. His very presence has lost any VoNC prospect. Also bare in mind that the SNP are now playing an entirely different game, their priority is now a GE as they suspect they can purge all Westminster parties from Scotland (with the exception of the Lib Dems who will likely hold the upper islands). They know they can wipe out Labour and Conservative if there is an election soon, and that is their clear goal.

What the heck can the Libs do when there are 19 or so on the Labour benches who will vote for the deal?!

PS Face it, Corbyn is never going to be the leader of anything. His very presence has lost any VoNC prospect. Also bare in mind that the SNP are now playing an entirely different game, their priority is now a GE as they suspect they can purge all Westminster parties from Scotland (with the exception of the Lib Dems who will likely hold the upper islands). They know they can wipe out Labour and Conservative if there is an election soon, and that is their clear goal.

You must think enough remain supporting MPs will vote for leaving then? They are a majority in the House so any kind of leave deal should not go through.

The LibDems doing their own thing will not help, they need to support the rest of the opposition regardless of some idiotic Labour MPs.

If Johnson delivers some kind of deal there is a good chance we are staring at a tory govt for many more years. People need to think about that.

Hopefully 13 less Tory and possibly 7 less Labour in Westminster if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back