advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. I`m not on Facebook so can`t be won over with their clever seduction techniques.

I'd like to think that most over 45's have enough 'nous' to be very selective about what they read on Facebook., I use it for maintaining contact with friends and relatives, but am absolutely unaffected by political, or other ads.

I'd like to think that most over 45's have enough 'nous' to be very selective about what they read on Facebook., I use it for maintaining contact with friends and relatives, but am absolutely unaffected by political, or other ads.

Have you looked at the demographics of the Brexit vote? :rolleyes:

Yes. Have you looked at the demographics of Facebook use?

No. I don't use facebook or care much about it.

According to an LSE paper

"There are approximately 42 million UK Facebook users and 307 million in Europe. Facebook’s gender split is 56% male and 44% female, with 24% percent of global active Facebook users being women between the ages of 18 and 34 years and 35% of global active Facebook users being men between the ages of 18 and 34 years."

And most Tory voters are probably middle-agged and over:

VnIkHFC.png

Most Leave voters were also older and Tory:

vote1b.png

Did anyone else hear the Tory MP for Monmouth, David Davies on Any Questions, R4 last night? He was demolished by the other panel members as he crowed about leaving the EU on 31 October. Labour’s Lisa Nandy and the NFU president spelt out the disaster for farming that’s going to land from his government’s actions and all he could do was snarl back at the studio audience for their applause when Nandy and the NFU deconstructed his lies.
Here’s hoping he’s another Tory looking for work after the GE.

Did anyone else hear the Tory MP for Monmouth, David Davies on Any Questions, R4 last night? He was demolished by the other panel members as he crowed about leaving the EU on 31 October. Labour’s Lisa Nandy and the NFU president spelt out the disaster for farming that’s going to land from his government’s actions and all he could do was snarl back at the studio audience for their applause when Nandy and the NFU deconstructed his lies.
Here’s hoping he’s another Tory looking for work after the GE.

An episode of Any Questions that can be listened to without acute right-wing-brexit-lie-rage kicking in? That sounds like a gift from ten years ago!

No. I don't use facebook or care much about it.

According to an LSE paper

"There are approximately 42 million UK Facebook users and 307 million in Europe. Facebook’s gender split is 56% male and 44% female, with 24% percent of global active Facebook users being women between the ages of 18 and 34 years and 35% of global active Facebook users being men between the ages of 18 and 34 years."

And most Tory voters are probably middle-agged and over:

VnIkHFC.png

Most Leave voters were also older and Tory:

vote1b.png

as i've said before, a lot of major world problems would be solved by not allowing people over a certain age to vote. with the climate crisis we're in, 40 would a seem a reasonable cutoff.

The difference is the Lib Dems appear to understand statistics and form clear policies based upon the majority viewpoint.

But they don't seem to understand them well enough to grasp that it is only a united front of Lib Dem and Lab which will stand a chance of beating the Tories plus the Brexit Party

It's a fair point.. but sometimes, 'in extremis'.. the most unlikely alliances can be formed. You don't have to look very far back in history to see that.

The future revealed in two tweets this morning? Quite possibly...

Boris Johnson Retweeted
Boris Johnson@BorisJohnson

We are leaving the EU on October 31st. No ifs, no buts

Mujtaba Rahman@Mij_Europe
Hearing that Cummings apparently told weekly special advisers’ meeting last night Govt likely to be embroiled in court battle “for the last 10 days of October... ”
Day 1 of No Deal Brexit. Farage and Boris forgot to mention that the automatic EU tariffs on UK dairy and meat products will immediately price them out of their biggest export market, the EU and the overcapacity will result in mass slaughter of dairy herds and wipe out farmers. Take back control.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Day 1 of No Deal Brexit. Farage and Boris forgot to mention that the automatic EU tariffs on UK dairy and meat products will immediately price them out of their biggest export market, the EU and the overcapacity will result in mass slaughter of dairy herds and wipe out farmers.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

But since we won't have any fresh vegetables or fruit, will survive of milk and dairy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back