advertisement

Strangest thing you ate

That's it. I knew I was having a Malaprop moment when I wrote it, but I knew there was a "th"somewhere and an "i" at the end so I just busked it.

W for warthog - nope will gve that a miss...

... x, y, ..Zebu!

Oh, don't the Maasai people use blood from Zebu directly without the bother of butchery&cooking?

Hmm - have to say, while I said earlier I'm up for most things - that's not on my list of things to try, tbh.: one I'm v happy to leave to the ancient & ceremonial needs of Maasai peoples.

I don’t think I can offer anything more exotic than snails (and I have no recollection of the taste), but would be interested to hear if anyone has tried something really unusual on their travels and what taste or effect it had.

Some of my sister -in - laws cooking is quite strange... however do not have to travel to try it, ( well only the loo afterwards ) but that is another story.:confused:

Or could have been Livarot. This is much worse than Epoisses. I adore Epoisses but can’t face Livarot, especially the industrial stuff they make.

I've been working my way through a Livarot all week, artisan not industrial. Very profound cowshit aroma, absolutely delicious.

If I can speak for the world less the UK and Australia, then there are only two answers.

I imagine you’d struggle to find much meat on a turtle... then again they are quite a bit bigger than a tortoise I suppose.

loads inside. Livers are quite nice, unlike monkfish liver, which is the most livery fishy liver you can have

advertisement

Back