advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generation War, on Netflix. Very harrowing and stark view of the war from a German perspective. Based in actual accounts from one of the survivors(didn’t want to spoil the narrative).

If you like The Rolling Stones then “Ole Ole Ole” is worth watching, documents their tour of South America and the final concert in Havana. There is an absolutely magic bit where Mick and Keith sing Honky Tonk Woman unamplified and with Keith playing acoustic. Doesn’t get better.

Safety Not Guaranteed is on Netflix at the moment. Definitely worth a watch, plus it’s got Aubery Plaza in it too. What’s not to love?

PLUS Blade Runner 2049 is due on the 28th.

American Made on Netflix; the story of Barry Seal, an American pilot who became a drug-runner for the CIA in the 1980s. Taking guns to Nicaragua to arm the Contras and returning with drugs from Escobar was always going to be tricky even for the charismatic Barry Seal. The charisma may have been down to Tom Cruise who puts in a shining performance. Not deep, but very entertaining.

I recorded this some months back on Freesat (can't remember which channel) & finally watched it last night. Brilliant piece of film-making (but if the trailer doesn't appeal, probably not your thing...) :

Anyone else watching Euphoria (Sky Atlantic/NowTV) ? Didn’t think a mini series about oversexed, overdrugged American teens would be my thing, but gave it a whirl anyway. It’s an amazing piece of work. A grim, funny, empathetic postcard from a world I was largely ignorant of.

Anyone else watching Euphoria (Sky Atlantic/NowTV) ? Didn’t think a mini series about oversexed, overdrugged American teens would be my thing, but gave it a whirl anyway. It’s an amazing piece of work. A grim, funny, empathetic postcard from a world I was largely ignorant of.

is it the type of show mike pence would suggest only watching in the company of one's wife?

is it the type of show mike pence would suggest only watching in the company of one's wife?
I suspect this is exactly the kind of show Mike Pence is talking about - whilst also really wanting to subscribe to Kitty Kween’s big-ass twerking live camera feed.

We've got a freebie trial of Amazon prime at the moment, and discovered Phoebe Waller-Bridge's earlier series Crashing is on there.
We're three episodes in, and it's somewhere between Fleabag and This Life; with some splendidly cringey moments.

Thanks for this... I could do with some PWB at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back