advertisement

A thread to recommend decent movies on Netflix / Amazon Prime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not new on Netflix, but just finished watching Lilyhammer. Stephen Van Zant plays a very similar character to that he did in The Sopranos, however this is a gangster comedy set in Norway of all places. One of the best series I've watched on Netflix, lots of belly laughs, and a great soundtrack too.
+1 We loved that series too, watched em all. The tall gawky guy is a revelation when he sings.

Yup, caught a couple of episodes. In some sort of twisted way I'm quite enjoying the what's- gone-befoe-cocktail.
I'll probably watch it through but agree that end will most likely disappoint.
Most series are now heavily padded with fluff to eek them out, using the same hanging end of episode detail in the hope you'll return next week to find out whose tears diluted the coffee...
Yes, if was fluff that induced me to bail--a scene in the middle of episode 1 where the 20-somethings of the crew just spend a bunch of time sitting around cracking wise at each other....

Netflix 'When they see us' was mentioned further up the thread, 4 episodes, ep 1 and 2 very good, ep 3 and 4 really poor I thought, fell asleep, worth watching just for ep 1 and 2.

We've got a freebie trial of Amazon prime at the moment, and discovered Phoebe Waller-Bridge's earlier series Crashing is on there.
We're three episodes in, and it's somewhere between Fleabag and This Life; with some splendidly cringey moments.

This Is Football on Amazon Prime. The first episode focuses on Rwanda, and should bring a tear of joy to all LFC supporters.

This Is Football on Amazon Prime. The first episode focuses on Rwanda, and should bring a tear of joy to all LFC supporters.

Episode 2 was equally brilliant, telling the story of the rise of the US and Japanese WNTs. Japan’s 2011 World Cup win was amazing and emotional, following so closely after the Fukushima earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster.

Episode 2 was equally brilliant, telling the story of the rise of the US and Japanese WNTs. Japan’s 2011 World Cup win was amazing and emotional, following so closely after the Fukushima earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster.

i will check this series out, though i wish it were a 70 episode affair that went further back in history.

We watched 'I Am Mother'

I really do think Netflix are in trouble just spaffing every tired troupe they can against the wall in a desperate hope of getting another 'stranger things'

Its a shame, I thought it had potential initially, and they left it so that a number of avenues could be explored. But no, lets just go with Robot=Evil.

And even worse they did not finish this tired shit up, oh no they left it open for another instalment. I think with the loss of subscribers this year the first since it went totally digital, they will hopefully assess just what crap they are making.

What makes it stick in the craw the most is recently we were in the US and netflix over they has like 20 x the content of the uk. The uk one is some tired old shit from 2009 - 2011 and their 'netflix originals' which basically involves one human sense and badly put together Sci Fi.

We watched 'I Am Mother'

I really do think Netflix are in trouble just spaffing every tired troupe they can against the wall in a desperate hope of getting another 'stranger things'

Its a shame, I thought it had potential initially, and they left it so that a number of avenues could be explored. But no, lets just go with Robot=Evil.

Did you even watch this movie? Because at the end the robot was shown to be altruistic!

Hail Cesar! is on Netflix.

If you like the Cohen Brothers Hudsucker Proxy and have a love for Hollywood's golden age, it's worth 90 minutes of your time.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back