advertisement

British History's Biggest Fibs

Lucy Worsley is just over-used. Her programmes become more and more irritating as she moves further and further away from her own area of expertise (the British Royal Family) and relies on stuff someone else has researched and scripted.

Both Lucy and Suzannah Lipscombe are easy on the eye and make interesting, if not especially challenging progs. I do wish Ms Lipscombe would get rid of that nose stud though... always looks like a zit to me.

Both Lucy and Susanna Lipscombe are easy on the eye and make interesting, if not especially challenging progs. I do wish Ms Lipscombe would get rid of that nose stud though... always looks like a zit to me.

And yet she's often said how attractive you are.

It seems to me that the female academics/experts chosen to present such programmes are selected as much on their easiness-on-the-eye as on their knowledge. Male presenters are much more of a mixed bunch in this regard.

Suzy is extremely attractive to these eyes. Would just prefer her without the zit. Also, there are a couple of more mature and less glam female history presenters who also do excellent progs.

Very mixed, that ex politician who does a travel programme based on some old book is uneasy on all of our eyes and comes over as very slimy.

Unfortunately few will be surprised that colonisation is exploitative. The British empire could have become a great force for good if they'd adapted
to the modern world by making countries want to be part of it. Has the EU made some similar mistakes?
We still see parts of the French empire supporting outposts and funneling EU aid for major infrastructure projects.

In the future China will have that choice; looks like it's making the same decisions now as we did 200 years ago, pity.

Both Lucy and Suzannah Lipscombe are easy on the eye and make interesting, if not especially challenging progs. I do wish Ms Lipscombe would get rid of that nose stud though... always looks like a zit to me.

They are like chalk and cheese. I admire your wide scope of admiration.

Male presenters are much more of a mixed bunch in this regard.

I don't tend to evaluate the looks of male presenters. Schama and Woods can both be faintly annoying at times, but they are not in the same league as Dan Cruickshank, who can't keep those enormous hands off anything and seems to get some sort of orgasmic pleasure out of groping every object he encounters. He also whispers his commentary in an excruciatingly annoying manner.

Other interesting history presenters include Mary Beard and Bettany Hughes and several others whose names elude me.

I don't tend to evaluate the looks of male presenters. Schama and Woods can both be faintly annoying at times, but they are not in the same league as Dan Cruickshank, who can't keep those enormous hands off anything and seems to get some sort of orgasmic pleasure out of groping every object he encounters. He also whispers his commentary in an excruciatingly annoying manner.

Other interesting history presenters include Mary Beard and Bettany Hughes and several others whose names elude me.

Leaving attractiveness aside, with the sole exception of Mary Beard, female presenters are young-ish. Male presenters carry on well into their dotage. See David Dimbleby, John Humprhys and Jeremy Paxman, to name but a few.

In the alternative, Fred Dibnah used a tried and tested method of demolition taken from the dark ages and even before.

A great man sadly passed.

True, it has to be said.

She had a slot at our local 'literature' & 'culture' festival. One or two of my mates went to great lengths to secure a ticket.

I can't see any point in continuing with this thread, so could the mods please close it. Yes, a nice presenter does make things much easier to watch, even if the subject matter is dull, I agree with that, however, had Hitler been an attractive blonde woman without a trace of a moustache and with a sharp fashion sense, would it have made invading Europe any more palatable?

Rhetorical question, by the way.

If we could not appreciate beauty in all its forms and overcome the urge to reproduce, all talk of attractive presenters would vanish.

Pete

advertisement

Back