advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+13)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone that might swing Lib Dem / Labour at any time, Corbyn has made me swing back to my default position of Lib Dem. What a bellend for not going to talk to her.

He could have slashed her throat and taken one for the team.
Not a solution because, unbelievable as it might at first seem, the tories could find a new leader who is much worse than May. The Tory party has depth of “talent”.

Parliament needs to realise its at an impasse, and the way out is a ref. Progressive talks need to realise that, and talk about implementing.
If it goes remain, it all goes away, if it goes leave, leave have a mandate to pull whatever batshit the ref says they can do. Everyone happy.

I doubt that very much.

but come on, the 2nd ref ship has sailed. That isn't going to be the thing that does it.

We'll see. Corbyn falls in with May behind this, and it's not just bye bye tories.

The EU can't stop withdrawal from A50 by conditions - its entirely down to the UK. Extension, maybe yes.

Corbyn now requesting a second ref is the only way forward, still refusing to talk in addition to his request that no deal is abandoned.

I don't see much compromising.

No deal here we come.

Corbyn did a very good job yesterday - what's the beef?

But yesterday for Corbyn was the equivalent of a 6 yard tap into an open goal. The hard bit for him comes now where in response to a failed government he has to step into the void and produce a Brexit policy that can actually work and lead us out of this mess.

Reactions: PsB
Ok, how about more people happier than any other outcome.
Know any drummer jokes?

I think the 'more' has been decided in the ref ...

Ps. Labour holding a party political broadcast as we speak. Glad to see they got their priorities right :D

Also, I may be wrong but I somehow doubt a second ref would get a majority vote.

But yesterday for Corbyn was the equivalent of a 6 yard tap into an open goal. The hard bit for him comes now where in response to a failed government he has to step into the void and produce a Brexit policy that can actually work and lead us out of this mess.

But that wasn't the question - the ball's not in Corbyn's court at this point

I think the 'more' has been decided in the ref ...

Ps. Labour holding a party political broadcast as we speak. Glad to see they got their priorities right :D
No, that was two and a half years ago. You surely don't maintain that changed minds and a new demograhic equals identical?

Not a solution because, unbelievable as it might at first seem, the tories could find a new leader who is much worse than May. The Tory party has depth of “talent”.
I thought politicians were suppose to talk to get things done. Corbyn is using playground tactics and looks a twat. And gives May reason to take swipes.

I forgot he might have more important things to do.

I thought politicians were suppose to talk to get things done. Corbyn is using playground tactics and looks a twat. And gives May reason to take swipes.
. I agree - I was just pointing out that removing May however it’s done carries the risk that a worse PM will emerge.

While I'm glad Labour is taking the threat of 'no deal' seriously, I thought the official line was that 'no deal' was a hoax and she would never do it? That is what Starmer has been saying up to now. Presumably the official line was a hoax? :confused:

The problem is Labour’s split as well.

True but not so fundamentally. Once May is forced to concede her red lines the Tories will fracture - Corbyn's problem is the on-going threat of a LibDem mark2 / Blair Lite / pro business-anti union, Macron style party. If he get's it wrong he could lose a number of MPs to such an opportunist venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back