advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mogg is already rallying the backwoodsmen. May looked and sounded defeated in her interview with Kunsberg. The lines were being uttered but the eyes and voice were dead.

Ordinary Greek people hate Germany at the moment, and they are not slow to make that comparison, hence the decidely ugly cartoons in their newspapers in recent years. The feeling runs very deep.

And yet even the most radical Greek Government did not want to leave the EU.
What they did want is someone to blame for their own profligacy on excessive government jobs and salaries/pensions. It should be no surprise to anyone that is difficult to repay loans if the money is not used for income generating projects/infrastructure.
Might help if they looked inwards and collected some taxes from the guys with swimming pool villas and yachts too.
So the easy devaluation route of yesteryear is not available any more. I'm sure some Greeks are quite happy about that and may even keep their money in Greece.

Reactions: PsB
And yet even the most radical Greek Government did not want to leave the EU.
What they did want is someone to blame for their own profligacy on excessive government jobs and salaries/pensions. It should be no surprise to anyone that is difficult to repay loans if the money is not used for income generating projects/infrastructure.
Might help if they looked inwards and collected some taxes from the guys with swimming pool villas and yachts too.
So the easy devaluation route of yesteryear is not available any more. I'm sure some Greeks are quite happy about that and may even keep their money in Greece.
Not much reference to ordinary Greek people in that response.

The turd polishers are out in force, the rancour and recriminations of the Leavers who missed the detail back in December. It's all delicious stuff for breakfast this morning.

May, a true cracked actor. A Lib Dem MEP says "I can assure you that swashbuckling talk like this crumbles when May sits in a room with 27 other EU prime ministers and the reality of what leaving the bloc means is spelled out to her. It’s a silly little game the PM is playing and time is running out."

Silly little game, indeed.

The Foreign Secretary's big moment came at Chequers... and went. Not exactly the Churchillian "we shall fight on the beaches" delusion that rattles around in his head.

Dhkb_Uu4_X0_AAtdmk.jpg

Gove is slithering toward No.10. He’s just accused Marr of ‘asking a fake question’ and producing ‘fake outrage’. He’s quicker than Johnson and far more devious. The forthcoming contest between them is going to be a most enjoyable bloodbath.

54j1qe.jpg

He’s getting the country “ready to walk away next March” (claiming they’re recruiting staff to deal with it) if Europe doesn’t agree to his cabinet’s magical thinking/ manipulative self harm threats.

Manufacturing exporters will be getting ready to leg it now.

He’s getting the country ready to walk away next March (they’re recruiting staff to deal with it) if Europe doesn’t agree to his cabinet’s magical thinking.

Say goodbye the the M20, I see no lorry parks. I'm sure redundant Airbus or JLR staff would make perfectly good customs checkers.

He’s getting the country “ready to walk away next March” (claiming they’re recruiting staff to deal with it) if Europe doesn’t agree to his cabinet’s magical thinking. Manufacturing exporters will be getting ready to leg it now.

Seeing as their white paper admitted that the government had made no plans for no deal then if the very worst happens and we do crash out with no deal in place then I think it would be a good case to charge the fcukwits responsible for dereliction of duty/gross negligence/treason.

Hopefully it won't come to this.

Handing the EU A50 without a clue, then committing to no hard border for NI in Dec 17. Not so much red lines, more tram lines. Yet fellow ministers are acting surprised. Where's our man ET to explain it to them.

The replacement clown car they built at the away day team building excercise on Friday won’t even make it to Brussels- Johnson and his backbenchers will sneak round the back, pull the wheels off and put sugar in the petrol tank. “Wrecked in Britain”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back