advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do like it. rococo pastels are very nice. i would have liked a little more punch but i see the problem: the hillside would turn into an imposing dark blob.

where was this shot? i wish i had access to places like that.

Thanks Vuk - yes, it was a tricky scene to balance the exposure on (even with the use of an ND grad) so I decided to process it with a soft, pastel, low contrast look.

This was taken in the Lake District National Park. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Sadly, it's a 5 hour drive from where I live so I've only made it there once. I'm hoping to go back in Autumn this year.

Living in Canada you must have access to plenty of places like this? Although being such a vast place, I'm guessing they probably require a long drive to get there?

Lefty

Thanks. :)

Not found the Panny 20 to have any major issues focusing in lower light (it locked onto the inverted chairs in the picture v quickly) but my other lenses (Oly 45-1.8 and 12-40 2.8) are certainly quicker. The Pen F uses purely contrast-detect focusing which isn't as quick as the PD system on the E-M1 though.

Thank you

white_summerwear.jpg

Thanks Vuk - yes, it was a tricky scene to balance the exposure on (even with the use of an ND grad) so I decided to process it with a soft, pastel, low contrast look.

This was taken in the Lake District National Park. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Sadly, it's a 5 hour drive from where I live so I've only made it there once. I'm hoping to go back in Autumn this year.

Living in Canada you must have access to plenty of places like this? Although being such a vast place, I'm guessing they probably require a long drive to get there?

Lefty

ah, i thought it was something around the corner from you. of course, there are a lot of natural spots in this massive country, but close to me is relatively flat and dominated by big, messy (and green) trees. the lake (ontario) is impressive as a large body of water, but not so interesting for photography (just do a google search, if you don't believe me).

nice mood.

it would seem you needed to get into the water for the best possible angle there.

Thanks - and yes you're right, a shame the bank gets in the way. There are some steps down to the water's edge (which I took a couple of images from) but really wanted to include the path/surrounding location so this was 'take it or leave it' (to quote Hobson).

p.s. forgot to ask...

there were a few of these on the street in preparation for a film shoot (lots of expensive equipment about). the door had "gotham taxi" painted on it, so i am guessing batman? headlights,if you look closely, are covered in shiny black plastic (not sure of there is any tranluscence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back