advertisement

Premier League 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Payet apparently no longer wants to play for his club. Despite him signing a new contract not so long ago.

It's alright, we'll have him at Chelsea. Having said that I'm not sure he's good enough.

The rebuild of Stamford Bridge has been given the go-ahead by Hammersmith & Fulham council, according to The Guardian. London's mayor Sadiq Khan has to give his nod to the project. I don't trust him.

The rebuild will cost £500 million and is by the architects behind Bayern Munich's stadium.

"Design of the new stadium has been led by the Swiss architects Herzog & De Meuron, the company responsible for Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium and Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena. Apparently inspired by Westminster Abbey, its exterior will be defined by vast arches, or “brick piers”, made of London stock brick."

The stadium will hold 60,000, the pitch will be below ground level and there will be underground entrances, I assume from the Fulham Broadway tube. It will be ready for the 2021-2022 season.

Jack

I have always been of the opinion that if a player no longer wants to play for a team then show him the door.
Odds are that he has been tapped up and his agent will be keen to get top dollar on a transfer.
Contracts are not worth the paper that they are printed on so I don't see the point of long contracts anymore.
All I hope is that WHU get as much for him as possible and China would be willing to pay silly money that way the long suffering fans won't have to watch him curl a free kick into the top corner of our net !
Anyway I personally think it's very unprofessional of him and just hope Antonio does not go the same way as he is the real star at WHU.

I have always been of the opinion that if a player no longer wants to play for a team then show him the door.
Odds are that he has been tapped up and his agent will be keen to get top dollar on a transfer.
Contracts are not worth the paper that they are printed on so I don't see the point of long contracts anymore.
All I hope is that WHU get as much for him as possible and China would be willing to pay silly money that way the long suffering fans won't have to watch him curl a free kick into the top corner of our net !
Anyway I personally think it's very unprofessional of him and just hope Antonio does not go the same way as he is the real star at WHU.

Unprofessional sounds mild if everything you read and hear is true.
Did you see Bilic's full press conference?
I thought given what was said about Payet the manager did really well to keep a lid on his anger.
Rumours that Payet missed training once or twice without permission says it all about the blokes attitude I think...Signing a lucrative contract until 2021 on £125k per week and it's not enough, simply greed - Get rid for top price.

A good double for UTD both player of the month and goal of the month, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan respectively another trophy double at the end of the season would be most welcome :D

A good double for UTD both player of the month and goal of the month, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan respectively another trophy double at the end of the season would be most welcome :D

You'll need the trophies to sell off when you lot go bankrupt:)

Bloss

Now Costa has been tapped up and had his head turned by big money from China.
Football really has reached the dregs....it's all about greed !

Football really has reached the dregs....it's all about greed !

No it's not, it's all about winning.

Payet wants to leave West Ham because they haven't got a chance. The fact that the team's hooligan section have caused fights at games doesn't help.

Jack

Yep Chelski started it and Man City quickly followed suit :(

Man U were doing it when Chelsea were the whipping boys of the EPL with barely two farthings to their name.

On a lighter note "Paul Pogba says his Manchester United team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a "joker" which translates as "I don't understand WTF he is on about anytime he speaks or tries to be funny".

No it's not, it's all about winning.

Payet wants to leave West Ham because they haven't got a chance. The fact that the team's hooligan section have caused fights at games doesn't help.

Jack

Winning by spending £100s of millions, how is that even sport?

West Ham "hooligan fans" have not had fans found guilty of disgraceful racist abuse in the last month have they?

UTD's spending was generated through bums on seats and sponsorship etc not from some rich benefactor or sugar daddy or human rights abusers etc

Interesting, they manage to mess up the accounting terms;

"United's debt is round about equal to the club's annual revenue and only 80 per cent of the assets.

QPR's is more like 250 per cent of revenue and 480 per cent of debts"

Very worrying for OPR, but the "480 per cent of debts" show read as assets or they will get totally confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back