advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samu from Finland,

Checking the payment records and you have paid the first install twice? do you require 2 MDAC2 PCB's or is the second payment an error?

If its an error, we can either refund you (you might incur transaction fees) or we can keep the payment for the second instalment.

Hi John,
I completed first installment.

But!!!!!!
I'd forgotten to write my PM name, real name and address on PayPal 'Review your information' !

Thank you :)

We have your details, Renata will send you a confirmation Email.

JohnW

Those of us who have the upgraded units, so will be paying at stage 4, do we need to email in to confirm we want to proceed and in what spec and colour at this stage?

JohnW

Those of us who have the upgraded units, so will be paying at stage 4, do we need to email in to confirm we want to proceed and in what spec and colour at this stage?

Jem,

No not important at this stage - it will be much later when we need to place orders for the rear panels...

Question:-

For MDAC2 how important is the headphone output? - should I devote a little effort to making it a substitute for an ultra high end headphone amp?

Hi,

If the headphone amp does not delay much of MDAC2 schedule then it would be ok. But if there is impact to schedule like month or two delay then I prefer without ultra high headphone output.

Hi,

If the headphone amp does not delay much of MDAC2 schedule then it would be ok. But if there is impact to schedule like month or two delay then I prefer without ultra high headphone output.

No we are talking about a week at most...

For MDAC2 how important is the headphone output? - should I devote a little effort to making it a substitute for an ultra high end headphone amp?
I think you know you're going to get disagreeing responses to that. :)

I, for one, am probably never going to use the RAM-buffered SPDIF playback, AV bypass or 5 possible inputs, but would very much welcome an improvement in the amplifying stage, for headphone usage.

And I bet a lot of people don't share the same view. :)

For me... not much, I rarely use headphones, but, as the MDAC is the best headphone amp I've used, it would be reassuring if it was the best possible.

I know I keep going on about it, but a volume controlled analogue path would be my nirvana...

Only a week for an high end headphone amp?
I would wait even more time! Like jirij, for me this feature is more important than others.

For me its very important that mdac could act as a high end headphone amp.

For MDAC2 how important is the headphone output?

For me, personally, it hardly matters as I don't like headphones.

However, that does not mean that the MDAC2 shouldn't be the best and most versatile unit possible, consistent with the price and time scale.

Hi John

Out for a week on business trip and the beginning of the MDAC2 project was annouced.
Great!

First payment done; looking forward to next march!

Pierre

For me, quite important.. 1-2weeks seems more than worthwhile to add this..

John, my listening is 50/50 headphones speakers and the Mdac is a decent headphone amp as it stands, better is always better though! probably worth thinking of where the growth areas in the market are as well, and headphone listening is a big one.

Verdicts still out in regards to headphones. I get irritable after an hours listening. A weeks delay is well worth it, so a vote for the extra week or so from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back