advertisement

Amy Winehouse,RIP

Sorry. She was completely over-hyped and a terrible role model. She should have been ignored years ago instead of being built up as some kind of heroine (no pun intended) by the press. She chose to live her life in a way that was only ever going to end like it did.
All this 27 nonsense. To mention her name alongside the likes of Janice Joplin and Jim Morrison is an insult.
Oh, and for the record. Amy Winehouse did not write Valerie. It was a cover of a Zutons song!

5 pages of tributes about a smack head musician, yet no mention of the tragic events in Norway? Try and put things into perspective.

Sorry. She was completely over-hyped and a terrible role model. She should have been ignored years ago instead of being built up as some kind of heroine (no pun intended) by the press. She chose to live her life in a way that was only ever going to end like it did.
All this 27 nonsense. To mention her name alongside the likes of Janice Joplin and Jim Morrison is an insult.
Oh, and for the record. Amy Winehouse did not write Valerie. It was a cover of a Zutons song!

On the contrary Scooby. Amy was my favorite pop/r&b singer. I found her style insightful and at times reminiscent of the great Lady Day. I will miss her, there are no replacements.

Your Pal
Louballoo

is it any more sad if that someone was famous, and if so, why

Well yes. Many people will feel they know that person because the media makes them so much a part of other peoples lives and twenty seven is too young to die anyway. It can be a shock to be made aware of your own mortality too.

Sorry. She was completely over-hyped and a terrible role model.

i wouldn't say completely over-hyoed, but certainly not a great role model. nonetheless, she did not seems to be a mean-spirited or selfish person in the manner of many musicians. in contrast, when pedophile michael jackson died, my reaction was more along the lines of good riddance.

To mention her name alongside the likes of Janice Joplin and Jim Morrison is an insult.

a cover that raised something totally insipid to brilliance. as for janice joplin, i think i would rather be tortured by mumford and sons. what a disgusting, vulgar singer.

vuk.

Oh crap! I had not heard this until now. I could spit. I'm not a special fan but this is just so wrong.

I've been on this planet long enough to say goodbye to lots of people.

They were all human beings and they were all born small and innocent.

It is simply a question of statistics that some people are more famous than others.

Please let's just remember that a famous person who was also a human being, and was also born small and innocent has become another victim of the world.

Mull

another victim of the world.

Mull

Victim of the world??? In life you have choices. She 'chose' to lead her life that way. Nobody forced her to do it. If you choose to drink to excess and take drugs then there's a good chance you'll wind up in an early grave. Yes it's a shame that someone so young has passed away but it was totally self inflicted.

Now we have to suffer the comparisons to the likes of Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain & Jim Morrison. Musically, she was non-league compared to the premier league status of those guys.

Victim of the world??? In life you have choices. She 'chose' to lead her life that way. Nobody forced her to do it. If you choose to drink to excess and take drugs then there's a good chance you'll wind up in an early grave. Yes it's a shame that someone so young has passed away but it was totally self inflicted.

Now we have to suffer the comparisons to the likes of Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain & Jim Morrison. Musically, she was non-league compared to the premier league status of those guys.

Not true.

Can i ask you; do you own any of her albums, have to been to see her perform live?

I think you over simplify things just a tad. You clearly don't understand addiction. It's a complicated subject.

my body has now become addicted to prescription pain killers. Not taking the pain killers leaves me crippled within 12 hours. It's not fun. I can well imagine the fear that an addict suffers and why getting a fix becomes part of your life.

Try to be a little bit more generous as you don't know the truth of Amy's death.

She was completely over-hyped
Absolute rubbish. She had an unmatched sense for timing, try to imitate her singing, you're in for a hard time.

About role models - many PFMers should look at themselves first.

The world has lost a great singer and artist, no doubt she has created a new style of singing.

5 pages of tributes about a smack head musician, yet no mention of the tragic events in Norway? Try and put things into perspective.

There is a separate thread, "bombing in Oslo" in off topic, in case you missed it, its there for all ones "putting into perspective" and creepily mawkish "I must share with the world my opinion of tragic events"-needs.

Dying at 27 is tragic no matter what.... But I do not have time for drug users regardless of who they are , they become different people they influence other people to use drugs so put this into perpective how many young or old people might have been influenced by Amy? Regardless if it's only 1 .. It's another one on the road to destruction

A very sad day and when sober/clean a wonderful artist,unfortunately the inevitable happened,and once more we are lamenting the passing of an artist before their time.

Events like this leave me convinced that Keith Richards still being alive has basically used up everyone else's luck.

Very sad.

Keith is something of a medical marvel.

Amy's death is very sad, very predictable and a tragic waste.

Dying at 27 is tragic no matter what.... But I do not have time for drug users regardless of who they are , they become different people they influence other people to use drugs so put this into perpective how many young or old people might have been influenced by Amy? Regardless if it's only 1 .. It's another one on the road to destruction

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a separate thread, "bombing in Oslo" in off topic, in case you missed it, its there for all ones "putting into perspective" and creepily mawkish "I must share with the world my opinion of tragic events"-needs.

Heh!

Still good clip ..... It does not pertain to reality though eg Joe strummer didn't use drugs yet he brought us a lot of happiness through great music

Still good clip ..... It does not pertain to reality though eg Joe strummer didn't use drugs yet he brought us a lot of happiness through great music

That's a fair point to some extent, however "I do not have time for drug users regardless of who they are" = a very lean music selection imo.
I bet Joe liked a coffee too! :)

I'm pleased for you that your life is so straight-ahead and simple and that you'll live long - even if it might be a little dull & sanctimonious. What you say of course is absolutely true, there is no denying.

BTW, Keith Moon was a drummer

advertisement

Back