advertisement

Amy Winehouse,RIP

Odd how a woman targeted for piss-taking and endless mirth when alive because of her drink/drug problem results in a news feed full of sadness and tributes because of her drink/drug problem...Really sad.

I am really bloody sad, she was one of a kind. That voice and the look. I managed to clap eyes on her at her gaff in Rio in January. A sweet girl.

And such a clean living girl too,
Still getting over Paula yates, And now this!
Life just not worth living now!

indeed... am i one of the one people here that simply isnt sad about this?

she lived a lifestyle that could only possibly end up one way, with no regard for her own safety or the impact it had on those around her. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that the death was in some way drug related.

But then I was never a fan of her voice, her look or her behaviour.

27!! she looked like she was about 47!!

My sympathy goes out to her family who will no doubt be sad over this, but she's no Jim morrison or Jimi Hendrix. In 10 years time, people will have forgotten she even existed.

Not exactly a surprise but desperately sad nonetheless. A waste of a terrific talent and a very sad loss for her friends and family.

Seconded. It's a tragedy when this kind of thing happens, though speaking as someone who's seen it from a fairly close vantage point, and more than once, it's not as easy a situation as those who haven't may think. Real shame about Winehouse, just a stupid waste.

tony.

i didn't mean to suggest that it was easy. typically, this sort of thing happens in the very low economic classes and with weak social support networks.

i also feel this is a reflection of current sorry state of civilization when a person can be successful and still be so miserable as to rely on extreme substance abuse for "happiness".

vuk.

she lived a lifestyle that could only possibly end up one way, with no regard for her own safety or the impact it had on those around her. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that the death was in some way drug related.

Gosh, you're a real Clouseau aren't you?

well lets be honest... it "could" be something else... since they keep brandishing the word "unexplained" around.

I guess thats their way of being subtle and not going for the foregone conclusion!

her voice grated on me like nails down a blackboard, so for me, i'd much rather listen to the other two.

Amy was a great singer and songwriter and it's terrible shame that she has died.

My bet is that it was due to a drink/drug overdose.

A number of my friends have died from exactly that kind of thing and I am lucky that I didn't.

The majority of alcoholics/addicts don't get clean and sober.

It doesn't matter how much money you've got to pay for rehab, or how caring your family are, the bottom line is addiction is a killer disease.

Jack

jack.

she was using bloody crack! the people around her should have never let that sh*t start--that includes her retard husband. you are right, once it does start... well, rarely can anything be done.

vuk.

Given her lifestyle did anyone really expect her to get her buss pass? Obits will have been written a few years ago and her record label will have her greatest hits ready to go to the presses. Big incomes to her estate in the coming weeks.

I'll put her album on in remembrance. Poor young woman, so sad. Her family must be devastated. You can see where the pain, angst and emotion came from in her songs.
Shes will remain a legend, people like her always tread a fine line in life. Her life was a bitter sweet path. RIP

advertisement

Back