advertisement

Hi Fi Wigwam

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is where everyone is hidding,.

I am sure the break is temporary whilst James is sorting a few things out. I haven't heard from him but I am sure he will realise that the wam is too important to lose. In the meantime please be patient.

I guess most didn't realise just how much preasure james and the mod team have been under recently, the threat of closure was real and I don't think anyone relaised this.
Yup, rather James than me. I hope you're right re this being a temporary break though as the wam certainly was too important to lose. Scalford was the first hifi show i've ever been to and i was hoping to make the journey from france again next year to exhibit.

Wigwam is having a sabbatical so mods and admin can make some decisions that we've frankly been putting off. Please be patient, meanwhile while i have no modding duties i'm really chilling out to this

616Razr679L._SS500_.jpg

thanks duvet
life would be TOTALLY DIRE without the wam, where else could i go in the middle of the night as an insommniac !!!
PLEEASE PLEESE come back soon .....

Can I also add my thanks to James for all the work that has gone into the 'Wam over the past years. Pity it's come to this.

I also would like to thank Tony and PFM for "hosting" so many displaced 'wammers. It's good to know there's a home-from-home when the house burns down.

To those that might be wondering, I haven't made any measurements on the closure, but perhaps I might start counting the messages of support that have been posted here.

James was obviously well thought of and respected, even loved, in that peculiar 'Wam way, even if some did call him a ******.

S.

Hi Serge et al . Tony we've never conversed but thanks for letting the thread run for all the displaced souls. Now the Wam will rise again but the big man quite rightly needs a break and i suggest all wammers and pfm members do what we do best. Break open your favourite tipple ( Pomerol for me tonight ) and play some vinyl or 0's and 1's and relax .

Can I also add my thanks to James for all the work that has gone into the 'Wam over the past years. Pity it's come to this.

I also would like to thank Tony and PFM for "hosting" so many displaced 'wammers. It's good to know there's a home-from-home when the house burns down.

To those that might be wondering, I haven't made any measurements on the closure, but perhaps I might start counting the messages of support that have been posted here.

James was obviously well thought of and respected, even loved, in that peculiar 'Wam way, even if some did call him a ******.

S.

Ah well, if I remember, I have called you one more than once. But that's the whole wam point isn't it. We KNOW it isn't serious. Actually, I think I have called you something with less asterisks that that, but you get the point.

Ah, what a universe of lost souls we are. All Googling things like 'where has the wigwam gone' etc to end up together again.

If it returns, wonderful. If it doesn't, the so be it. There is, believe it or not, a life outside forums.

Oh and Bob and Laurence, sad condolences on canine losses.

I might start counting the messages of support that have been posted here....

Add mine to that count then.

I've met very few Wammers so far, being up here in the soaking North, however I've always enjoyed the content and the way it's run. Like another forum I frequent, it's a 'virtual pub' without the slapping that some of the obvious keyboard warriors would get if they said some of the shite they spout to someones face.

I wasn't on last night so have no idea what happened, all I do know is that there would appear to be a desire from a few for it to return. Fingers crossed it does.

S.

not to worry Serge, i bet there's lots for you to measure over here ;)

I left my basket in the Prince Albert. Now that the place has been boarded up I'm left with nowhere to sleep. :(

Well i for one think its a real shame, ok there was a lot of banter and some a holes but you get that no matter what. James roll a spliff and get back on kid you will be missed to much.
Ron

Well, I am wondering if this week's album club is cancelled? :confused: I think it was Radiohead's 'The Bends'.

Hi Serge et al . Tony we've never conversed but thanks for letting the thread run for all the displaced souls. Now the Wam will rise again but the big man quite rightly needs a break and i suggest all wammers and pfm members do what we do best. Break open your favourite tipple ( Pomerol for me tonight ) and play some vinyl or 0's and 1's and relax .

yes big thankyou to tony for allowing us to console ourselves and reflect !!!

I am so sad that a human being who has put his heart and soul into something like Hi-fi Wigwam has been driven to such terminal action. There is simply no need for the type of abuse that was prevalent on that site. I for one can never understand the mentality of some sad individuals. Speaking as someone that runs a website and puts in a lot of hard work and energy i can fully understand where James is coming from.
I met some great people via Hi-Fi Wigwam one gentleman in particular who came to my rescue when another scathing individual mounted an unwarranted attack.
What would have been the problem with having such a software modification to prevent swearing? None! I only wish i could get a message to James to say thank you for all your hard work and enthusiasm.

you definately need thick skin on the wam but i always find as the old proverb says

" reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing"
[king solomon 5000 bc ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back