advertisement

Words you love.

Belligerent
abhorrent is a particular favourite
superfluous
capricious, often used to describe our elderly cat and me by my partner
strangulation is not used enough for my liking....

"it is was it is"
Jesus H Christ, has that suddenly become the overused sentence of the moment, or what? I was aware of it 10 years ago and in occasional use it passed muster. Now it's every 2 minutes, a mate of mine will use it over and over again without realising.

Jesus H Christ, has that suddenly become the overused sentence of the moment, or what? I was aware of it 10 years ago and in occasional use it passed muster. Now it's every 2 minutes, a mate of mine will use it over and over again without realising.
🤷‍♂️

It is what it is what it is what it is what it is...

That's Tourettes, that is.

"It is what it is" whenever that phrase was used in meetings, I always said "well, what else would it be?"." We are where we are" elicited a similar response...

"It is what it is" whenever that phrase was used in meetings, I always said "well, what else would it be?"." We are where we are" elicited a similar response...
I bet that made you popular. A few places I've worked, I hope you're a bit of a hard man, because you'd been had a good time on that.

The trick is in the delivery. Say the tautological statement at the office meeting with conviction and gravitas as you break through the fourth wall.

It is what it is.

For pros only: And with a Shatnerian pause: It is … what … it is.

1467798563-1939735-10152420115045934-825859002-o.jpg

Joe

advertisement

Back