advertisement

Words you love.

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
I'm fond of neologisms, many emanating from across the Atlantic. There was a period when I couldn't keep my fingers away from 'vajazzle' - insinuating it into every pfm post I could for a while. I have to confess a similar amount of joy and fascination with '****abomb' when I discovered it for myself, though I think I only managed to insert it into one post. Loses its impact a bit though when Tony's profanity software converts it to asterisks. Any chance if an exception or compound nouns Tony?

It bothered me that a classic like

Nazi Punks **** Off by Dead Kennedy's came out with ******* like stuff

Shashlik and shish kabob are two other favourites of mine. I have to confess to primary process thinking much of the time. Sabine Lisicki, can that really be a tennis player??luls.

I always enjoy the output of the insult rule of swear + inanimate object e.g. cockwrench.
Technically should still be written as two words, but whatevs. I'm enjoying whatevs at the moment actually, one of those words which upsets old people.

I always enjoy the output of the insult rule of swear + inanimate object e.g. cockwrench.
Technically should still be written as two words, but whatevs. I'm enjoying whatevs at the moment actually, one of those words which upsets old people.

You need a better spelling for whatevs. Surely there is no "t" in the word. I think it's called a glottal stop. Being from Manchester, I am familiar with the sound. The noise is somewhere along the line that connects aah to agh.

You need a better spelling for whatevs. Surely there is no "t" in the word. I think it's called a glottal stop. Being from Manchester, I am familiar with the sound. The noise is somewhere along the line that connects aah to agh.

I won't be an advocate for poor diction.

How does one denote the glottal stop in type while holding the iPad in one hand, a "wagon wheel " in the other, in a recumbent position?

I like the word flibbertigibbet. Full of assonance and internal rhyme and kind of onomatopoeic too. What a word!

Rich

One of my fav words is 'seconds' as at dinner when some nice person will say 'seconds anyone?'

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom