advertisement

Wiim mini

Pro plus I would recommend if you don’t want to use a dac.
Pro if you want Ethernet connection as well as WiFi & faster speed with libraries etc & I would use a dac personally.
Mini if you don’t need Ethernet connection & can handle slower loading speeds but will need a dac IMHO.
am i right in thinking you need a pro or pro plus to work as an LMS endpoint?

I was under the impression that for some reason the mini won't run squeezelite, but I may be wrong.

I don't think the mini does squeezelite. If you want to use it with LMS I think you need to use the Airplay bridge plugin in the LMS settings iirc.

If you are just going to use a WiiM Pro as a streamer, is there any point in going for the Pro Plus?

If you are just going to use a WiiM Pro as a streamer, is there any point in going for the Pro Plus?
There is a suggestion that the pro plus has more room for fat coax cable.
no comment

Reactions: jay
I was under the impression that for some reason the mini won't run squeezelite, but I may be wrong.
It doesn't support chromecast where even the normal pro does. So I suppose it's not impossible there are other functional differences too. Though why that should be the case i've no idea. I suppose WiiM feel they needed more differentiation between the mini and the pro than connectivity options to justify the extra price. They're probably right (if that's the case) in all honesty.

advertisement

Back