advertisement

Wiim mini

Don't believe everything you read/hear in the meedya.

Mallorca is an absolutely beautiful Island.

100% Agree, first time I’d been there, was with friends for walking and cycling. Stayed in old town Pollenca, pic below was taken from the doorstep of the house. Used to do the Lakes every year, you do get fed up with the weather. Have been to Madeira twice but we settled on Mallorca this time.

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1034.jpeg

IMG_1012.jpeg

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

c79da261-81ad-4c42-bb5f-1681c44121bc.jpeg

66b50b9f-6b5d-4b69-81ce-7f8dfa74f481.jpeg

Don't believe everything you read/hear in the meedya.

Mallorca is an absolutely beautiful Island.
Oh I don't doubt it's a beautiful location. My point was that Brits can ruin even the nicest of locations with their lairy behaviour etc.

Oh I don't doubt it's a beautiful location. My point was that Brits can ruin even the nicest of locations with their lairy behaviour etc.

Those Brits don't infest the nice areas. They can be easily avoided if you do the research.

They're more interested in cheap booze, burgers, and easy nooky than they are in scenery and local culture.

Those Brits don't infest the nice areas. They can be easily avoided if you do the research.

They're more interested in cheap booze, burgers, and easy nooky than they are in scenery and local culture.
I was actually considering holidaying there last summer, but as I know absolutely nothing about the island I just concluded (incorrectly it seems) that any significant built up area would be infested with louts.

Is there somewhere specific you'd recommend where all that stuff could be avoided?

I was actually considering holidaying there last summer, but as I know absolutely nothing about the island I just concluded (incorrectly it seems) that any significant built up area would be infested with louts.

Is there somewhere specific you'd recommend where all that stuff could be avoided?

Alcudia , Pollenca. Bound to be loads of other places in the North. It’s about ten times bigger than the Isle of Wight.

I’ve finally settled on the internal Dac after much twoing and froing. Though detailed, the Sabre in a little too lean whereas the Wiim’s internal Dac is full sounding with a broader and deeper soundstage. I prefer the internal. I’m just enjoying the Wiim as a Roon Endpoint. Very in pace implementation. May think about the Roon Route though I do like the Wiim’s App. I’m about to set up an office upstairs and thought a Mini and active speakers may be a nice little office set up. Got about £250 to play with. Any suggestions? Or perhaps a Fosi, JPWs and mini may suffice?

I’ve finally settled on the internal Dac after much twoing and froing. Though detailed, the Sabre in a little too lean whereas the Wiim’s internal Dac is full sounding with a broader and deeper soundstage. I prefer the internal. I’m just enjoying the Wiim as a Roon Endpoint. Very in pace implementation. May think about the Roon Route though I do like the Wiim’s App. I’m about to set up an office upstairs and thought a Mini and active speakers may be a nice little office set up. Got about £250 to play with. Any suggestions? Or perhaps a Fosi, JPWs and mini may suffice?

I would try and track down some used Yamaha NX-N500s I've a pair on my desk and they really are a good package. of course, you can use them "native" with the musiccast app but I'd pop a Wiim Mini in as a better all-round source. Only downside is they need a LOT of cabling which is never shown in the marketing images. Two IEC powercords, one for each unit, a XLR to XLR link between the two boxes, and an RJ45 link cable as well! But if you can hide all of that, they a great.

I'm in the market for one of the Wiim streamers and in anticipation of some reductions in the Amazon sale starting on Wednesday, I'm trying to make up my mind which one to buy.

I want to make use of the internal DAC and wondered whether there was any difference between them? Ideally, the Mini would be up to the job. Any opinions?

I'm in the market for one of the Wiim streamers and in anticipation of some reductions in the Amazon sale starting on Wednesday, I'm trying to make up my mind which one to buy.

I want to make use of the internal DAC and wondered whether there was any difference between them? Ideally, the Mini would be up to the job. Any opinions?

Get the Pro Plus if you are using the internal DAC.

Pro plus I would recommend if you don’t want to use a dac.
Pro if you want Ethernet connection as well as WiFi & faster speed with libraries etc & I would use a dac personally.
Mini if you don’t need Ethernet connection & can handle slower loading speeds but will need a dac IMHO.

Pro plus I would recommend if you don’t want to use a dac.
Pro if you want Ethernet connection as well as WiFi & faster speed with libraries etc & I would use a dac personally.
Mini if you don’t need Ethernet connection & can handle slower loading speeds but will need a dac IMHO.
Thanks for the clear description of each.

advertisement

Back