• Neat Ioata Xplorer

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Harbeth C7

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Kudos Super 10A

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prior to PMC's I had Red 50's. Brilliant wee speaker that I only changed in the search for more bass - I did not get on with subs despite trying several. Can highly recommend the brand - Russell Kaufman personally answered e-mail queries around set up. Price appears to have risen substantially - just like everything else I suppose.
I also had the K 50s, having demonstrated the K 100s too, but thought the 50s just sounded far more "fun", the K 100s were too "clear" in the treble for me. The K 50s replaced Wilson Benesh Arcs and worked brilliant on the end of a SN2 amp. But then I also just wanted a bit more bass and took a punt on a pair of Shahinian Compasses. Can't see me changing anytime soon!

I won't rule out buying 50's again at some point. Absolute bargain on the second hand market - don't hold the same residual value as eg Proac or Harbeth. In my wee room the PMC's better them for bass, but the 50's had a good level of bass for their size.

Class A , class d , or class ab with eaton legacy new type if thats what you mean .i use joe henry amps which are superb but have had good results with class d . Jh stuff very good vfm with a decent pre amp

Having had ProAc Response 2S years ago and hearing them play rock was insane( powered by EAR 509 monos ) so l would certainly try the latest D2 however speakers are very subjective....

Home demo is essential l would say - good luck and have fun.

advertisement

Back