• Neat Ioata Xplorer

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Harbeth C7

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Kudos Super 10A

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I could turn back time when rock is predominantly my main diet, this thread would be useful to me. Now it's mostly mellow music and piano pieces for me.

Prior to PMC's I had Red 50's. Brilliant wee speaker that I only changed in the search for more bass - I did not get on with subs despite trying several. Can highly recommend the brand - Russell Kaufman personally answered e-mail queries around set up. Price appears to have risen substantially - just like everything else I suppose.
I also had the K 50s, having demonstrated the K 100s too, but thought the 50s just sounded far more "fun", the K 100s were too "clear" in the treble for me. The K 50s replaced Wilson Benesh Arcs and worked brilliant on the end of a SN2 amp. But then I also just wanted a bit more bass and took a punt on a pair of Shahinian Compasses. Can't see me changing anytime soon!

I won't rule out buying 50's again at some point. Absolute bargain on the second hand market - don't hold the same residual value as eg Proac or Harbeth. In my wee room the PMC's better them for bass, but the 50's had a good level of bass for their size.

advertisement

Back