advertisement

When I went on naim forum šŸ˜‚

I was very fond of the Naim Cd players and the NDac. I had a CDS3 for a while but I thought the CDX2 was the sweet spot in the range with the Teddy p/s. I realised I had too much money invested in CD technology than was wise, given the market was changing. I also had 32.5/Hi/250 for a while but moved to Avondale pretty quickly. I haven't been on the Naim forum for donkey's

Last edited:
Funny how when Rega launch more upmarket products everyone just falls over themselves to praise them. Itā€™s all very odd.
The answer is simple, it's the old British trait of knocking anything that is home based and successful. It may be the best thing in the world but the same old suspects just come out and moan. It gives them a cheap thrill.

This isn't the guy who failed to notice that his Isobarks were out of phase for months is it?
To be honest, the Isobariks are one speaker where an OOP installation may go unoticed, since they spray sound all over the place with little attention to phase coherence.

I once ran one out of the six drive units out of phase when I had active DBLs....this was a much more subtle error to hear than running one entire speaker out of phase with the other one.

To be honest, the Isobariks are one speaker where an OOP installation may go unoticed, since they spray sound all over the place with little attention to phase coherence.

I once ran one out of the six drive units out of phase when I had active DBLs....this was a much more subtle error to hear than running one entire speaker out of phase with the other one.
He had one whole speaker out of phase. That would not sound brilliant, but he thought it did...

I saw that too and wondered about the thought behind, "You know, what title should I give myself?"

I then wondered, whimsically whether members should have the title of disciples... :)
typical sh*te peddled here about Naim and the forum, the term Leader is a function of the forum software re administrator not something he chose ffs. Theres a lot of nonsense on the forum for sure but not nearly as much as there is here with regard to naim

typical sh*te peddled here about Naim and the forum, the term Leader is a function of the forum software re administrator not something he chose ffs. Theres a lot of nonsense on the forum for sure but not nearly as much as there is here with regard to naim
It was a joke...

I was the victim of the Naim CDX 2.2 platter cracking fault and since Naim had run out of mechs suggested using the platter from a cheap Chinese replica. This has worked a treat but is against forum rules, but Mr Meredith left the suggestion on before it was later removed I think.

I often look into the Naim forum for old times sake as I am obsessive in cleaning all contacts with Brasso and Kontak, a flat earth ritual.o_O

Never did like the Naim amplifiers though preferring Exposure and now ATC for classical music.

Everyone makes mistakes but it's hard to claim you are an expert if you can't tell when your speakers are out of phase.
Precisely.
But claims he can hear a difference when he moves his fraim glass 1 or 2 mm. That's just one of the things he can hear by the way, Right, jog on.
šŸ˜† still find him funny with what he comes out with from time to time. Just don't take him serious obviously.

advertisement

Back