advertisement

What's The Last Vinyl Album You Bought?

Friends & Enemies; Lovers & Strangers by Sharron Kraus arrived today.
On the ever-lovely Clay Pipe Music label.

popol-vuh-kailish-soul-jazz.jpg

Managed to pick up the RSD2015 repress of Bert Janschs debut LP in Rough Trade the other day. Also the new album by 'Death and Vanilla'. I'd not heard of them before but it's a great album very much for those that, like me, still mourn the loss of Broadcast.

Picked up the Duke Ellington Songbook by Oscar Peterson on Verve and I Remember Tommy by Sinatra on Reprise for £1 each today.

Canonball Adderley Something else. Lee Morgan the Sidewinder. Both from Music Matters.

Bought as a wedding/20th anniversary present for me and 'im indoors

Cerrone - Brigade Mondaine soundtrack boxset

Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From the First Psychedelic Era, 1965-1968. Two record set on Rhino. (Originally released in 1972.)

Very rare for me to pay close on £20 for an LP (I'm not exactly rolling in money... :rolleyes: :p - though being a double more than edged it!) but I spotted it once before in the vinyl section of HMV - couldn't resist it, yesterday and not just that I love a lot of this stuff and have been stocking up on a lot of weird and wonderful comps of late (mostly Mojo magazine ones I find in charity shops) I thought this would be a nice little treat. And I wasn't wrong; great package all-round and no wonder this is rated highly as a superb collection by so many.

Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From the First Psychedelic Era, 1965-1968. Two record set on Rhino. (Originally released in 1972.)

Very rare for me to pay close on £20 for an LP (I'm not exactly rolling in money... :rolleyes: :p - though being a double more than edged it!) but I spotted it once before in the vinyl section of HMV - couldn't resist it, yesterday and not just that I love a lot of this stuff and have been stocking up on a lot of weird and wonderful comps of late (mostly Mojo magazine ones I find in charity shops) I thought this would be a nice little treat. And I wasn't wrong; great package all-round and no wonder this is rated highly as a superb collection by so many.
Good album.

Amancio DiSilva's Hum Dono, a world jazz-type sort of album; maybe a bit like Phil Cohran's stuff (well, some of it)

now playing and sounding very good indeed!

45594.jpg

Windhoek

I bought the M4iTunes version of Hum Dono before Christmas and it sounded like it was sourced from acetate/good vinyl. I assume this recent vinyl issue has been mastered from tapes? Thanks in advance.

Hey Graham, I heard it at a friend's last Friday and he reckoned it's a bootleg. A very good bootleg, but possibly a bootleg nevertheless. I bought it from Honest Jons for £17.50 delivered and it's nice vinyl (in a poly-lined sleeve) and played with very little crackle.

Derek

advertisement

Back