advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pair of those (original), great speaker, need very high mass stands to really sing.

My last bits, both this year, Harbeth P3ESRs and a Naim NAP 200, a very good combination.

I really liked my NAC202/NAP200/Hicap/NAPSC system but it got fairly well slated on the Naim forum when I posted it.

I bought a REL R528SE subwoofer 2nd hand for my AV setup.

Already had one in my stereo setup and I think it is a really good subwoofer, especially considering its somewhat modest size.

I am loving it :)

I really liked my NAC202/NAP200/Hicap/NAPSC system but it got fairly well slated on the Naim forum when I posted it.

Yes, it seems to divide opinion, I like it and may well go down that road. I only got the 200 yesterday, it's brand new and still burning in but what a great sounding power amp right out of the box.

In the process of buying an Isol 8 mains conditioner for a Stax energiser. Have listened to the Minisub Axis which brings obvious benefits and will try a Substation LC next week.

Big

Some folks just don't get the importance of synergy/balance in a system. The 202/200 works great together. And a stand alone CDX2 sounded its best when placed with the other two. Each built on the strengths of the others and hid their shortcomings. Now days many are too busy thinking about their next upgrade to reflect on the balance they may have in their existing system. IMO the 202/200 suffers especially from this upgrade-itis and especially on the Naim Forum.

A dpa power conditioner (used to have several of the previous version in the late '90s) with the 3 "dpa" branded power cords - was sort of surprised to see they are made from Audusa eupen cable, which I've always rather liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back