advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unobtanium ears - apparently they are 20% better than my already golden ears. A dozen cryogenically treated cat-pee deflectors were thrown in gratis.

A pair of Meridian M3s with matching stands.

I'd never really considered the active route before, but these work better in my music room than all the others.

A Devialet Dialog streamer which I can't use because it's not (yet) compatible with my Dev 200. Apparently they also overheat and the software keeps freezing/crashing.

Still, it was quite cheap. :confused:

I haven't bought anything in ages. I live vicariously through the purchases of others, so don't let me down, fishies.

Buy something expensive and spiffy!

Joe

Shahinian Obelisks
Dynavector HX 1.2
Sonneteer Sedley
Goldring 2400

In the last month, Job 225 power amp and Tidsbury passive pre - Mamma mia!

Linn Majik DSM for my parents.

For me, does an iPad mini 3 count? It has qobuz installed and I use it through IEMs and as a DS controller.

I buy very little these days but the last bit of proper equipment I bought was quite recently - a Lab.gruppen IPD 1200. It's a power amp with a DSP front end that can also act as an active crossover (drives the bass drivers of my NS1000Ms).

After a long time with no system of note I bought a used CD5i, Nait 5i and nSat system approx 3 months ago....
Love it :)

I don't know if these count but i bought two Avondale TPR4 regulator modules a few months ago together with Black link speaker cable. Awesome.

Stu

My last purchase was an ageing Crown D-60 power-amp for £49 for the front channels in a ultra-bargain-basement home theatre system. The front channel loudspeakers are IMF ALS-40s that I'd previously owned but sold to a mate 10 years ago. They were bought back for the same as what I'd sold them to him for (£100). The sources are: Kenwood freeview recorder (£50) & Philips DVD player (£25) connected to the DAC in a (£40) Yamaha DSP E-800 processor (not pictured). The Marantz CDP my girlfriend already owned is connected to one of the Yammy's analogue inputs & her little B&W 686 speakers (also not pictured) handle the rear surround output; as these two items were both purchased by her approx 7 years ago I'm not including them in the purchase price for the home cinema system - likewise the big old Panasonic CRT TV that we already owned isn't included in the purchase price either. Digital cables (1 coax & 1 optical) to connect the Freeview recorder & DVD player to the Yamaha's DAC were £10 each, speaker cable (long enough to reach the rear speakers) was bought as end of drum off cuts from my local Panasonic shop for £5 (apparently they just wanted rid of their remaining stock of speaker cable as it's not something they sell anymore - work that one out, a hifi shop that no longer has a requirement to sell speaker cable) & analogue cables are leftover from an install I did on my first car many years ago.
All in all then a shade under £300 for a system that plays CDs, DVDs, Freeview TV & Radio in both 2 channel & surround, has capability to record from Freeview, is immune to depreciation AND sounds damn good to boot - I'd seriously struggle to put together a similarly capable system for such little outlay with modern equipment!

TV System w/Crown D60 by tomeasterbrook1471, on Flickr

IMF ALS40 by tomeasterbrook1471, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back