advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

0.5 & 1m Chord Epic analogue rca pairs from Deco, + 1m Epic coax from hifinutt. Just need to list all my Shawline ICs in the classifieds now.

Last edited:
Just bought this quadraspire stand because the price was, reasonable and it matches 5 shelf version I already have. (sellers image) There are several delicious configurations possible when it arrives. I'd like to give my monoblocs a shelf each to help them cool when driven hard or perhaps I'll put a turntable on top and a phono stage below. Dunno right now but I'm looking forwards to play time. :)

PS. This is my first image on PFM for a long, long time. Thanks to everyone who suggested post image. Appreciate you boys.

I 'accidentally' won a Naim CB Hicap (1987 vintage)... This will go on my CD5 replacing a Flatcap. It'll pair up with my 1986 one powering my NAC72.

Since the 1986 one has a red LED and the 1987 one is green, I'll now have port and starboard... :)

Leben CS300F, arrived today, sounding great, but still warming up

G7IE3RO.jpg

Incoming (should be today) Chord Qutest used from eBay. This DAC polarises opinion, it can be the last DAC you may ever need because it sounds that good - or it's bright and in your face - I am about to find out!

May as-well get this most talked about DAC itch scratched to see how it sounds in the context of my system.

Incoming (should be today) Chord Qutest used from eBay. This DAC polarises opinion, it can be the last DAC you may ever need because it sounds that good - or it's bright and in your face - I am about to find out!

May as-well get this most talked about DAC itch scratched to see how it sounds in the context of my system.

Great little DAC.

I didn't find it particularly bright, but highly detailed/resolving, which is different. Not like a few of that AKM/ESS DACs I've had which do sound a bit "shiny" to my ears. Though I guess system matching may change things.

Great little DAC.

I didn't find it particularly bright, but highly detailed/resolving, which is different. Not like a few of that AKM/ESS DACs I've had which do sound a bit "shiny" to my ears. Though I guess system matching may change things.
Well we will see. What initially puts me off is following the crowd of many that just bought this DAC on the strength of many excellent (maybe sponsored) reviews.

I don't feel unique in owning something like this because so many audiophiles have one.

But - if they are right they are right - it's up to me to find out. Ultimately it's the SQ that counts whether this DAC is popular or not.

advertisement

Back