advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

New (to me) one box, Big Bottle 3 phono stage. Looks better on the rack than the two box version did.

53709865669_5010b27745_k.jpg

It's here ! That was quick ! It sounds excellent. For the first time the ATC SCM 20ATs sound really good, in the sense that I am enjoying them almost as much as the Quad 63s in the main system. If we ever have to move (likely, we're getting old!), I might be able to make do with this system. That was the whole idea in first place. Amazing what a preamp can do, and the Primare pre32 was no slouch.

I was getting carried away ! It still sounds better than before, as it should, but listening to BWV11 (Himmelfahrtsoratorium) (Ascension) this evening, the ESL63s have much more air and detail than the ATC 20s. Not bad, though.

You can choose beetwen 2 and 5 minutes cleaning time and 5 and 10 minutes drying time.
I am using 5 min. cleaning and 5 minutes drying.
IMHO cleaning is very good and the machine is silent compared to most RCMs ...

I went to the Retrotech fair on Sunday with a mate and, when I arrived home, I was most surprised to find that the following had jumped into my boot without me noticing:

- An Alphason Super Nova turntable with Opal arm
- Far more, importantly, though - an incredibly dinky Alba record player with the equally dinky Garrard CC10 'mini-changer' turntable!

Purchased would be an over statement since I still have to pay for a set of Acoustic Research Triple C speakers cables on demo, but it is only a matter of time.

advertisement

Back