advertisement

what motorcycle?

Arrow race pipes along with matching the power vales to the exhaust ports takes this a step further and usually results in 63-64 RWHP.

That's more than the H1 put out, from half the displacement!

And we thought the H1 was quick...

Indeed, and a lot less unburnt fuel going down the exhaust ports into the bargain. Hard to beat the sound of a big triple on song though .....

Mr Tibbs

Yes, there's just something about the sound of a triple, very thankful those Triumph boys are still churning them out, profitably.

Mind you, a CBX 1000 with open pipes sounds rather marvelous, too.

I see David on a trike...

Trike%209.jpg

Suzuki GSF1200/1250 Bandit. Had my B12 about 4 years now.
I actually enjoy doing maintenance jobs on the bike, as opposed to doing maintenance tasks on every other thing that I own or work on.e.g. cars, house, computers, aeroplanes, garden, etc, etc... As a hobby riding my motorbike, maintaining my bike, and reading about other motorbikes. Going to bike shows, etc, etc has completely eclipsed any intetest that I may have had in hi-fi stuff and other hobbies which have now all been dropped completely or at least put on a very very low back burner... Iooking back I cant believe that I spent so much of my time analising to forensic levels the sound that was coming out of a pair of loudspeakers, eek !

Get a copy of Practical Sportsbike or Classic Motorcycle mechanics magazines. Always loads of fab bikes mostly modified Japanese classics for ideas.

The bandit has a poweful engine, quick enough to lose your licence. with enough low down grunt to accelerate from slow to fast in any gear, or real lazy if you want it to be...just bimbling around.

My missus often comes out with me riding shotgun. First time out she simply said if you break the speed limit, show off and try to get us killed I'll never come out with you again, so i don't.... when she is with me :)

I am a fair weather rider only, cant stand getting cold and wet, just dont enjoy it, so just dont do it, simples... took mine out on tuesday for a quick 30 mile trip to fill it up. First time out for about 3 months... loved it.

Hope this summer is a good as last year...

I wonder did you ride the later model RS250? They feel a bit bulkier than the early model that I have and also steer a bit slower due to the revised forks and wider front rim. Both models weigh about 140 kilos. Aprilia got Rotax involved to tune the Suzuki engines a bit and develop a better exhaust system so a bit more power is on tap. Arrow race pipes along with matching the power valves to the exhaust ports takes this a step further and usually results in 63-64 RWHP. Just enough to hang on to the back of some slower pukka GP250s at the track ;)

Mr Tibbs

Correct, it was the mk2. Never liked the look of that one.

Arrow race pipes along with matching the power vales to the exhaust ports takes this a step further and usually results in 63-64 RWHP.

That's more than the H1 put out, from half the displacement!

And we thought the H1 was quick...

I had the same on my TZR250 after pipes and other fettling, which was 115kg (in my opinion the greatest of all the 2 strokes because of this). And then I added a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket.

I had the same on my TZR250 after pipes and other fettling, which was 115kg (in my opinion the greatest of all the 2 strokes because of this). And then I added a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket.

I have to agree. A track day sidekick of mine had (still has AFAIK) a spotless 3xv which he used to great effect on the track - usually putting in the fastest lap of the day on it. While I had some fun passing people on the outside of a bend, he would get his kicks by doing the same to me! He also sometimes brought a 1200 Bandit along and made fools of sports bike riders on it so not all down to the 3xv ;)

Mr Tibbs

I have to agree. A track day sidekick of mine had (still has AFAIK) a spotless 3xv which he used to great effect on the track - usually putting in the fastest lap of the day on it.

It cost me a lot of money to tune, though, compared to the RGV, NSR and KR1. This may be why it is not the sought after bike the others are.

Lot of daft comments from both sides of the sports vs cruisers. Egos getting a little bashed gents?

My daily ride is breathed on TL1000S with all the bells and whistles and nothing beats getting the gearing right on my favourite twisties..

But then again, when im in the right mood, on the right day nothing beats taking my '92 softail out either....

Each to their own and from my experience, there's assholes on both sides of the equation.

My daily ride is breathed on TL1000S with all the bells and whistles and nothing beats getting the gearing right on my favourite twisties..

Respect. A real man's bike. Has it got a damper and, if so, have you ridden it without a damper? Always been tempted by these, but the early press was a bit of a disaster on them. This may be one of the reasons I like them.

Respect. A real man's bike. Has it got a damper and, if so, have you ridden it without a damper? Always been tempted by these, but the early press was a bit of a disaster on them. This may be one of the reasons I like them.
Tankslapper?...Just accelerate! :D

A good rider on a bike with work done to its handling ?

Definitely a good rider - went on to do well in the Aprilia 250 challenge series but unfortunately had to stop racing after a spine injury. I think the big Bandit was near enough standard apart from the obligatory loud exhaust. Just one of those guys who could go fast on anything. Well, not on a Harley obviously ;)

Not that I have anything against Harley ownership - I'd have one for pottering about on a lazy Sunday afternoon if spare cash and garage space allowed (that and at least half a dozen other bikes I can think of ATM).

Tankslapper?...Just accelerate!

Ha! A quote that should have been written into every Kawasaki 500 owners handbook.

Mr Tibbs

My only road bike, and wish I hadn't parted with it.

http://imguol.com/blogs/36/files/2012/05/Ducati_916_Senna.jpg

As above but with Termionis, revalved suspension, uprated brakes, gearing and engine, and a 180 rear tyre. One of those devices that does what it says on the tin; it behaves as it looks. In a fit of sensibleness I sold it so whatever happens I shan't be ending my days in the side of a Nissan Micra. But i wish those who ride all the best, I am envious and luckily the later ones, though they must of course be better to ride, just don't do it for me in the same way. Phew!

My only road bike, and wish I hadn't parted with it.

http://imguol.com/blogs/36/files/2012/05/Ducati_916_Senna.jpg

As above but with Termionis, revalved suspension, uprated brakes, gearing and engine, and a 180 rear tyre. One of those devices that does what it says on the tin; it behaves as it looks. In a fit of sensibleness I sold it so whatever happens I shan't be ending my days in the side of a Nissan Micra. But i wish those who ride all the best, I am envious and luckily the later ones, though they must of course be better to ride, just don't do it for me in the same way. Phew!
The "downside?" of owning a Ducati is they're not happy 'til they're doing over 80mph.:)

advertisement

Back